Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

nachouve
Hi,

I load a postgis layer on gvSIG-1.11 and I got a strange error. I attach a screenshot of the error, a sql with the table and the log file.

Any pointer about the problem?

Regards,
Nacho V.

--
Juan Ignacio Varela García

SQL_AVE_layer.zip (10K) Download Attachment
postgis_error.png (92K) Download Attachment
gvSIG.log (173K) Download Attachment

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

giohappy
I could reproduce it.
It seems to be caused by the multilnestring structure. If you explode the geometries as linestrings, they are loaded correctly

CREATE TABLE base_ave_view AS SELECT gid,the_geom
FROM (SELECT gid,ST_GeometryN(the_geom,generate_series(1,ST_NumGeometries(the_geom))) AS the_geom FROM base_ave) AS foo

The multilinestrings contain uno linestring each, except the one with gid 68 (2 linestrings).
I'll try to investigate it as soon as I find the time...

giovanni

2011/6/13 Nacho Uve <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I load a postgis layer on gvSIG-1.11 and I got a strange error. I attach a screenshot of the error, a sql with the table and the log file.

Any pointer about the problem?

Regards,
Nacho V.

--
Juan Ignacio Varela García

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

giohappy
I've tried to reproduce it with my own build from trunk and it works fine. So I suppose the problem has been solved and will be available in the Gvsig release.
If I can extract the new jars that solve it, I will send you them.

giovanni

postgis-jdbc-driver.jar (46K) Download Attachment

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

Juan Lucas Domínguez
Hello
it might be caused by the fact that geometries are originally 4D according to this restriction:

CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK ((st_ndims(the_geom) = 4))

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68
http://www.prodevelop.es
---

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

giohappy
AFAIK the real dimensions of the geometries in the table are 2D.
Anyway, the new build works fine, and AFAICS there haven't been made work to manage 4D in particular...

2011/6/13 Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio <[hidden email]>
Hello
it might be caused by the fact that geometries are originally 4D according to this restriction:

CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK ((st_ndims(the_geom) = 4))

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68
http://www.prodevelop.es
---

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

nachouve
Thank you Giovanni and Juan Lucas.

I forgot to say that in other postgis clients the layer works.
Other layers with that kind of differences on the number of geometries, gvSIG works also... including other with the CONSTRAINT of ndims = 4. It is strange... export was made using "shp2pgsql"

It works after explode the layer. Thank you Giovanni!

So maybe we can consider that a gvSIG bug because all geometries ST_MULTILINESTRING... but if it solved already it's great!! :-)

Regards!
Nacho V

2011/6/13 Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio <[hidden email]>
Hello
it might be caused by the fact that geometries are originally 4D according to this restriction:

CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK ((st_ndims(the_geom) = 4))

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68
http://www.prodevelop.es
---

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

Francisco José Peñarrubia
Sorry, but you will need more jars. There are changes also in FMap, at least.

El 13/06/2011 16:33, G. Allegri escribió:
[...]

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es

Asociación gvSIG
www.gvsig.com

Re: [Gvsig_english] Postgis error on gvSIG-1.11

nachouve
I will compile the actual gvSIG-1.x trunk and I will test that postgis connections with that layers.
I will report any problem detected on the bug that Fran said.

Thank you very much!!
;-)