Postgis data access

gayani
Hi,
I access the postgis database through .map file in my web map server application.  For this application I am using two projection systems.  One is Kadawala (for Sri Lankan coordinate system). Other one is WGS84.  But I can query for the kadawala data propoely.  But, it is unable to execute the query through .map file.  Where can be the issue?  Anyone have any idea.

Thanks
Gayani

Re: Postgis data access

jmckenna
Administrator
gayani wrote
Hi,
I access the postgis database through .map file in my web map server application.  For this application I am using two projection systems.  One is Kadawala (for Sri Lankan coordinate system). Other one is WGS84.  But I can query for the kadawala data propoely.  But, it is unable to execute the query through .map file.  Where can be the issue?  Anyone have any idea.
Hello,

I usually test the connection through an ogrinfo command, such as:

{{{
  ogrinfo PG:"host=127.0.0.1 user=postgres password=postgres dbname=canada port=5432"
}}}

(more examples at: http://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html)

-jeff

--