Quantcast

PostGIS with more than one geometry column per table and translation to GeoPackage

PostGIS with more than one geometry column per table and translation to GeoPackage

Alexander Berdnikow

I translated a Table (Feature) of a PostGIS Database to a GeoPackage with GDAL. The Feature has two Linestring Geometries in the PostGIS DB. One geometry with exact positions of the network and one overwiew geometry which may have just rough positions. Often the overwiew ist just a copy of the exact positions, but sometimes it differs.

After translation of the feature to GeoPackage everything seems fine, but in the GeoPackage I have only one Linestring geometry. It is listed in the gpkg_geometry_columns.

My question is, which of the two geometries was translated to the GeoPackage? What happens to the other geometries of the feature in the translation process?

I've read about the solution of the multiple geometries issue in GeoPackage in the GP-specification. Does GDAL support this in the translation process (maybe with a special option?)?

Regards,

Alexander