PostGIS Datenbank mit Punktobjekten anbinden

PostGIS Datenbank mit Punktobjekten anbinden

Andreas Pakulat
Hi,

I'd like to use a point-geometry-based postgis db as Source for a
FeatureType in geoserver, but it seems that geoserver cannot handle
point-geometries? Geoserver doesn't show the geom-column from the table
in the Create-Feature-Type dialog and also can't calculate the bounding
box of these features automatically (via Generate button). Is this
really a problem of geoserver or am I doing something wrong?

Andreas

Re: PostGIS Datenbank mit Punktobjekten anbinden

Alex Petkov

Hi,

I'd like to use a point-geometry-based postgis db as Source for a
FeatureType in geoserver, but it seems that geoserver cannot handle
point-geometries? Geoserver doesn't show the geom-column from the table
in the Create-Feature-Type dialog and also can't calculate the bounding
box of these features automatically (via Generate button). Is this
really a problem of geoserver or am I doing something wrong?

Andreas

You probably need to create the appropriate entry in geometry_columns table for the table where your POINT geometries reside.

Alex

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the JBoss Inc. Get Certified Today * Register for a JBoss Training Course Free Certification Exam for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005 Visit http://www.jboss.com/services/certification for more information _______________________________________________ Geoserver-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users

Re: PostGIS Datenbank mit Punktobjekten anbinden

Brent Owens
Hi Andreas

GeoServer does support POINT geometries, so I am guessing that your
setup has a problem with it.
Could you describe to me what your geometry_columns row entry for your
point table looks like?
Also, are there more than one feature in the dataset? I think there have
been problems with bounding boxes where there is only one point feature.

Cheers

Brent Owens
TOPP