PosgreSQL - Edit Spatial View through AutoCAD Map 2012

PosgreSQL - Edit Spatial View through AutoCAD Map 2012

nilanjan
I am using AutoCAD MAP 3D 2012 which in turn uses FDO Provider 3.6. I have created a view to my spatial table in postgreSQL and created necesary rules on Update, Insert and Delete. I am able to view it as a layer in AutoCAD but both the table data and layer is not editable.

Just to give you some background I am attempting this to avoid exposing all columns of my table to any AutoCAD user. Is there any workaround available to achieve this functionality?

Re: PosgreSQL - Edit Spatial View through AutoCAD Map 2012

gisbradokla
Is the user login information in the connection?
if not..
have you tried creating a user and logging into autocad?
on the map pulldown> utilities>user administration and user login
Let me know how that goes.
I have been meaning to setup the same thing. Just haven't had time to try it.
Can you pass on info about your rules?
brad

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 10:40 PM, nilanjan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am using AutoCAD MAP 3D 2012 which in turn uses FDO Provider 3.6. I have
created a view to my spatial table in postgreSQL and created necesary rules
on Update, Insert and Delete. I am able to view it as a layer in AutoCAD but
both the table data and layer is not editable.

Just to give you some background I am attempting this to avoid exposing all
columns of my table to any AutoCAD user. Is there any workaround available
to achieve this functionality?

-----
-Nilanjan

Steven Wright
“I have a map of the United States... Actual size. It says, 'Scale: 1 mile = 1 mile.' I spent last summer folding it. I hardly ever unroll it. People ask me where I live, and I say, 'E6.”
Steven Wright