Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

martind
Hi

I wonder if it is new or if it was already the case previously, but now, with my Fusion application (Slate), when I load the map, a popup window shows the copyright informations for the Google layers:

The problem is that this popup window is shown each time I drag or zoom on the map, making the application impossible to navigate.

Is it normal?

Thanks

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

martind
I'd like also to add that the OpenStreetMap layer doesn't work: the page never finishes to load, it shows only the SHP layers, but the left menu is empty and there is no OSM map. I in firebug, there is this error: OpenLayers.Layer.OSM[this.mapTag.layerOptions.type] is not a constructor.

Does someone has the same problem?

I wonder if I can count on Fusion templates for a production usage. Objectively, is it stable enough to be used for a public website?

Thanks

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps asexternal provider

Berg, Leandros van den [FGSBV]
Hi Martin,

I believe this is a feature of the Google Maps API v3.7. When you open
your flexible layout in the xml editor, you'll see at the bottom a
GoogleScript element. In there you'll find this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false

Because there is no specific API version specified, it'll download v3.7.
More on versioning the API
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/basics.html#Ve
rsioning.

Change the link in the GoogleScript element to:

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.6&sensor=false

Kind regards,

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps asexternal provider

martind
Hi Berg

Thanks for your help! I don't know anything about flexible layouts and Fusion, may I ask you where I can find this xml file? I use the Slate template from MapGuide maestro, the only XML file is ApplicationDefinition_ORIGINAL.xml where there is no reference to Google Maps API.

Thanks a lot.

Martin

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps asexternalprovider

Berg, Leandros van den [FGSBV]
Hi Martin,

I assume then you have created the application within MapGuide Maestro
by adding an Application Definition resource and selecting the Slate
template. In that case, when you open the resource in MapGuide Maestro,
at the top of the screen there is a button 'Edit as XML'. At the bottom
of the XML Editor you'll find the GoogleScript element. Don't forget to
press Save and also save the resource again.

Kind regards,

Leandros

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps asexternalprovider

martind
Great! Thanks again

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

nazeitgeist

before this, when i change it to 3.6.. everything is ok.. but recently the problem occurred again..

does anyone experience the annoying google popup again??

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

GordonL
Yes, and no changing of the version of the API would really fix it this time:
just changed the CSS

http://mapguide.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/google-popup-from-openlayers-and-mapguideaims-gone/

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

nazeitgeist
thank you very much... i guess this is the only way for now..

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM, GordonL [via OSGeo.org] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, and no changing of the version of the API would really fix it this time:
just changed the CSS

http://mapguide.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/google-popup-from-openlayers-and-mapguideaims-gone/

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Popup-info-on-data-with-Google-Maps-as-external-provider-tp4376251p4977437.html
To unsubscribe from Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider, click here.
NAML

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

zspitzer
this is due to openlayers and google retiring the 3.6 api version

https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/472

it has been fixed in the latest version of openlayers, which fusion
doesn't use yet

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM, nazeitgeist <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thank you very much... i guess this is the only way for now..
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM, GordonL [via OSGeo.org] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, and no changing of the version of the API would really fix it this
>> time:
>> just changed the CSS
>>

>> http://mapguide.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/google-popup-from-openlayers-and-mapguideaims-gone/

>> provider, click here.
>> NAML

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

ilyasselk
SO Can someone give me the code used before changing it to (in the past solution) :

    <GoogleScript>http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false</GoogleScript>

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

zspitzer
I have filed a task to track this in the fusion trac
http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/526

if you need a fix, you can checkout and build your own version
of fusion from source and update and test it with openlayers 2.12

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM, ilyasselk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SO Can someone give me the code used before changing it to (in the past
> solution) :
>

> <GoogleScript>http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false</GoogleScript>

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

ilyasselk
Hi all
The problem is just with "Google Chrome" but in Firefox the popup disappeared

i just change the

C:\Documents and Settings\ ["user"] \.qgis\python\plugins\openlayers\html\google.css

I change this :

.olLayerGoogleV3.olLayerGooglePoweredBy {
    visibility:hidden !important;
    bottom: 15px !important;
}

and add this

.olLayerGooglePoweredBy.olLayerGoogleV3.gmnoprint {
visibility:hidden !important;
}

So the contain of the file will be like this :

.olLayerGoogleCopyright {
    right: 3px;
    bottom: 2px;
    left: auto;
}
.olLayerGoogleV3.olLayerGoogleCopyright {
    bottom: 0px;
    right: 0px !important;
}
.olLayerGooglePoweredBy {
    left: 2px;
    bottom: 2px;
}

}

Re: Popup info on data with Google Maps as external provider

zspitzer
is there still a copyright notice displaying?

otherwise you have just breached the TOS for google maps