Points along geometry

elisenda montaner
Hi all,

I'm trying to create points along lines using the tool 'points along geometry'.
I would like to use different distances for each line at start/end point which I have a column with this data in the attributes.
 Is this possible with this tool? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Elisenda

Re: Points along geometry

Raymond Nijssen
Hi Elisenda,

I'm afraid you need a bit of python script to do so, since the algorithm
dialog does not have an expression input button for the distance field.

Should go something like this:

inputLayer = iface.activeLayer()

for feat in inputLayer.getFeatures():
     dist = feat['DIST'] # field name with distances
     geom = feat.geometry()
     l = 0
     while l < geom.length():
        p = geom.interpolate(l)
        print(p)
        l += dist

Hope this helps,
Raymond

On 11-06-19 12:15, elisenda montaner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create points along lines using the tool 'points along
> geometry'.
> I would like to use different distances for each line at start/end point
> which I have a column with this data in the attributes.
>   Is this possible with this tool? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to
> work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Elisenda

Re: Points along geometry

elisenda montaner
Thanks for your suggestion but Unfortunately, I'm a beginner with python or Qpy so it'll take me time to find out how to write the script.

Regards

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:50 Raymond Nijssen, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Elisenda,

I'm afraid you need a bit of python script to do so, since the algorithm
dialog does not have an expression input button for the distance field.

Should go something like this:

inputLayer = iface.activeLayer()

for feat in inputLayer.getFeatures():
     dist = feat['DIST'] # field name with distances
     geom = feat.geometry()
     l = 0
     while l < geom.length():
        p = geom.interpolate(l)
        print(p)
        l += dist

Hope this helps,
Raymond

On 11-06-19 12:15, elisenda montaner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create points along lines using the tool 'points along
> geometry'.
> I would like to use different distances for each line at start/end point
> which I have a column with this data in the attributes.
>   Is this possible with this tool? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to
> work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Elisenda

matplotlib

Aldo Piombino
dear friends,
I have a problem:

Tryng to read InSAR Persistent Scatterers time series attribute with the pstimeseries plugin I receive this error with Madeira 3.4.4 on MacOS Mojave:

error during Python code execution:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'matplotlib’

Where I can find this module, since other people with the same version have it?

Best regards to everyone
Aldo

Dr. Aldo Piombino
Skype: aldo.piombino

Re: matplotlib

ChrisFern
Hi Aldo,

I guess this is due to missing the python3-version of matplotlib. Can't help with MacOS - if you were using the OSGeo4W installer setup, you could install it via this setup, it's called "python3-matplotlib", current version is 3.0.0-1.

Best

Chris

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:28 PM Aldo Piombino <[hidden email]> wrote:
dear friends,
I have a problem:

Tryng to read InSAR Persistent Scatterers time series attribute with the pstimeseries plugin I receive this error with Madeira 3.4.4 on MacOS Mojave:

error during Python code execution:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'matplotlib’

Where I can find this module, since other people with the same version have it?

Best regards to everyone
Aldo

Dr. Aldo Piombino
Skype: aldo.piombino

Re: matplotlib

Saber Razmjooei
Hi,

Try to install the macOS packages from here:

These packages have all the dependencies.

Regards
Saber

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 08:12, Christian Yrrman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
+44 (0)7568 129733

Re: matplotlib

Aldo Piombino
very thnks.
I try to correct the problem as soon as possible (today I'm out of office)
Aldo

ps: my python version is 3.6

--
                  Dr.Aldo Piombino
Scienzeedintorni: http://aldopiombino.blogspot.com

Con OpenStar hai Giga, SMS e i minuti che vuoi da 4,99€ al mese, per sempre. Cambi gratis quando e come vuoi e in più hai 6 mesi di INFINTY! http://tisca.li/myopen

Re: matplotlib

William Kyngesburye
As stated in the readme, only certain python modules are installed (not explicitly stated is that it's what's needed for the base QGIS).  You must install other modules as needed for 3rd-party plugins.  Instructions are in the readme.

matplotlib was dropped as a requirement at QGIS 3, so it's not installed by default.

-----
William Kyngesburye

Don't Panic