Point Symbols

ropework

Hello

        I am fairly new to QGIS - is it possible to add point symbols to the system?

        With thanks,  Terry

Re: Point Symbols

Carlos Dávila-2
[hidden email] escribió:
> Hello
>
> I am fairly new to QGIS - is it possible to add point symbols to the system?

Yes, I think you just need to copy them in qgis_install_dir/svg/ folder.
If you have good point symbols, maybe you would like to share them with
other QGIS users and include them in source code ;-)
Regards
Carlos

Re: Point Symbols

ropework
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 01:13:08 +0100
Carlos Dávila <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I am fairly new to QGIS - is it possible to add point symbols to the system?
> >
> Yes, I think you just need to copy them in qgis_install_dir/svg/ folder.

        Carlos - I am a user rather than a programmer, this looks more the inner working of a build file, perhaps there could be a folder in the installed QGIS for symbols

        Recently I printed a QGIS file as a PDF then open the file in Inkscape and the point symbols were bitmaps rather than vector, this surprised me

> If you have good point symbols, maybe you would like to share them with
> other QGIS users and include them in source code ;-)

        ...not sure how good my graphic skills are at the moment!

        A thought for the future - add a repository to the QGIS web page for shared point symbols

Regards,  Terry