Plugin processing problem

McDonaldR

Hello List

Every time I open QGIS Essen I get an error message telling me that the Plugin processing will be disabled because it crashed QGIS during the last startup. Please report an issue and re-enable the plugin when the problem has been resolved.

The processing plugin is not enabled.  I have version 2.12.2 installed.  Once QGIS is ready I can enable the processing plugin and open the processing toolbox (the search is slow as has been pointed out in other mails and issues).

Has anyone else experienced this and can you recommend a fix?

I am running QGIS 2.14 on Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

2016-03-17T10:13:23 0 QGIS starting...

2016-03-17T10:14:19 0 Python support ENABLED :-)

2016-03-17T10:17:35 0 Application state:

QGIS_PREFIX_PATH env var: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis

Prefix: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis

Plugin Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/plugins

Package Data Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/.

Active Theme Name: default

Active Theme Path: C:/Users/hdumpty/.qgis2///themes\default\icons/

Default Theme Path: :/images/themes/default/

SVG Search Paths: \\dcnasfs\gis\QGIS\Styles\svg

C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./svg/

C:/Users/hdumpty/.qgis2//svg/

User DB Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./resources/qgis.db

Auth DB Path: C:/Users/hdumpty/.qgis2//qgis-auth.db

2016-03-17T10:17:35 0 QGIS Ready!

Thanks

Ross

Ross McDonald | GIS Data Coordinator | Resources Department, IT Division | Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar, DD8 1AT

T: 01307 476419 | F: 01307 476401 | E: [hidden email]

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.

Re: Plugin processing problem

Lene Fischer

YES!!!!!!!

We have the same problem. One of my students are right at this moment sitting in the class. Installing – re-installing- deleting – REGEDIT

The same problem – Processing missing.

We now wail for the last installation – pray and hope it will work.

Regards

Lene Fischer

[...]

SVG Search Paths: <a href="file:///\\dcnasfs\gis\QGIS\Styles\svg">\\dcnasfs\gis\QGIS\Styles\svg

[...]

Nathan Woodrow
What is in {QGIS Install folder}\apps\qgis\python\plugins

e.g C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins

Is there a processing folder in there?

What is in .qgis2\python\plugins?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Lene Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

YES!!!!!!!

We have the same problem. One of my students are right at this moment sitting in the class. Installing – re-installing- deleting – REGEDIT

The same problem – Processing missing.

We now wail for the last installation – pray and hope it will work.

Regards

Lene Fischer

Re: Plugin processing problem

Lene Fischer

Right at this moment it has been solved. After a un-install, deleting in regedit and then Install 2.14. It has taken So long time. Sorry we did not see what was in the folder before deleting.

It has been so frustrating. Now only happiness J

Regards

Lene

Re: Plugin processing problem

McDonaldR

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\

Db_manager

fTools

GdalTools

MetaSearch

Processing

Processing Metadata.txt file has the following in it:

[general]

name=Processing

description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS

about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS

category=Analysis

version=2.12.99

qgisMinimumVersion=2.13

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins

Gazetteersearch

pgRoutingLayer

processing

processing metadata.txt has the following:

[general]

name=Processing

description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS

about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS

category=Analysis

version=2.12.2

qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

Re: Plugin processing problem

ginetto
May I suggest you to remove
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing folder ?

I suppose you have an old processing version (loaded after default
core processing in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing)
that conflict with 2.14 => it is disabled (that in
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing).
But the core one still remain loaded correctly.

let us know

p.s before to remove
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing, what is the
content of C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
?
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis

On 17 March 2016 at 13:01, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:

> C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\
>
> Db_manager
>
> fTools
>
> GdalTools
>
> MetaSearch
>
> Processing
>

> Processing Metadata.txt file has the following in it:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.99
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13
>

> C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins
>
> Gazetteersearch
>
> pgRoutingLayer
>
> processing
>

> processing metadata.txt has the following:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.2
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

Hi Lene

What are you deleting from the registry?

I have uninstalled processing from the user profile and deleted from the OSGeo4W directory and the error message goes away.  Odd that I had two different versions installed.

2.12.2 in user profile

2.12.99 in OSGeo4W folder

Still takes an age to start though:

2016-03-17T12:08:26 0 QGIS starting...

2016-03-17T12:10:22 0 Python support ENABLED :-)

2016-03-17T12:12:31 0 Application state:

QGIS_PREFIX_PATH env var: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis

Prefix: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis

Plugin Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/plugins

Package Data Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/.

Active Theme Name: default

Active Theme Path: C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2///themes\default\icons/

SVG Search Paths: \\dcnasfs\gis\QGIS\Styles\svg

C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./svg/

C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2//svg/

User DB Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./resources/qgis.db

Auth DB Path: C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2//qgis-auth.db

2016-03-17T12:12:31 0 QGIS Ready!

Reinstalling 2.12.2 works fine and the search function in toolbox is snappy again.

Starting QGIS with the -–noplugins works (as to be expected with the plugins disabled) and is somewhat quicker (2 minutes).

Restarting via desktop shortcut shows the processing plugin error.

Removing the installed plugin and restoring the core plugin and starting with --noplugins works.

Starting via desktop shortcut with core plugin installed and user added one removed displays the error.  Plugin dialogue box states that “Installed version of this plugin is higher than any version found in repository”

2.12.99 installed in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\.\python\plugins\processing

2.12.2 available in plugin repo.

Ross

Re: Plugin processing problem

McDonaldR
Thanks Luigi

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing
Core processing plugin
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.99
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
Plugin from repo
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.2
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing folder ?

I suppose you have an old processing version (loaded after default core processing in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing)
that conflict with 2.14 => it is disabled (that in C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing).
But the core one still remain loaded correctly.

let us know

p.s before to remove
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing, what is the content of C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
?
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis

On 17 March 2016 at 13:01, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:

> C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\
>
> Db_manager
>
> fTools
>
> GdalTools
>
> MetaSearch
>
> Processing
>

> Processing Metadata.txt file has the following in it:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.99
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13
>

> C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins
>
> Gazetteersearch
>
> pgRoutingLayer
>
> processing
>

> processing metadata.txt has the following:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.2
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

If you have one in .qgis2 you should remove that so you don't get conflicts.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:41 PM, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Luigi

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing
Core processing plugin
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.99
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
Plugin from repo
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.2
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing folder ?

I suppose you have an old processing version (loaded after default core processing in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing)
that conflict with 2.14 => it is disabled (that in C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing).
But the core one still remain loaded correctly.

let us know

p.s before to remove
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing, what is the content of C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
?
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis

On 17 March 2016 at 13:01, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:
> C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\
>
> Db_manager
>
> fTools
>
> GdalTools
>
> MetaSearch
>
> Processing
>

> Processing Metadata.txt file has the following in it:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.99
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13
>

> C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins
>
> Gazetteersearch
>
> pgRoutingLayer
>
> processing
>

> processing metadata.txt has the following:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.2
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

I’ve removed the one from my profile (.qgis2 folder) and just have the core plugin (2.12.99) installed.

Still get the error message

On another machine (Win 7 Pro 64 bit with Essen installed I have Processing 2.12.99 in the OSGeo4W directory and Processing 2.10.3 in the .qgis2 folder.  No error message when starting QGIS.  The plugin manager tells me there is a new version available but after clicking the upgrade plugin button there is a red error message saying the .zip archive could not be unpacked. The plugin is deleted from .qgis2 folder.  QGIS starts just fine without the error message using the core processing plugin.

So, is there something left over in my registry that’s causing the problem?  Where do I start looking?

Thanks

Ross

If you have one in .qgis2 you should remove that so you don't get conflicts.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:41 PM, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Luigi

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing
Core processing plugin
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.99
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
Plugin from repo
> [general]
> name=Processing
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
> category=Analysis
> version=2.12.2
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing folder ?

I suppose you have an old processing version (loaded after default core processing in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing)
that conflict with 2.14 => it is disabled (that in C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing).
But the core one still remain loaded correctly.

let us know

p.s before to remove
C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing, what is the content of C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins\processing\metadata.txt
?
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis

On 17 March 2016 at 13:01, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:
> C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\
>
> Db_manager
>
> fTools
>
> GdalTools
>
> MetaSearch
>
> Processing
>

> Processing Metadata.txt file has the following in it:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.99
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.13
>

> C:\Users\mcdonaldr\.qgis2\python\plugins
>
> Gazetteersearch
>
> pgRoutingLayer
>
> processing
>

> processing metadata.txt has the following:
>
> [general]
>
> name=Processing
>
> description=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> about=Spatial data processing framework for QGIS
>
> category=Analysis
>
> version=2.12.2
>
> qgisMinimumVersion=2.12

Matthias Kuhn 🌍
Hi Ross,

can you run

import QSettings()
QSettings().remove('/Plugins/watchDog/processing')

in the python console and report back if this fixes the issue?

Matthias

On 03/17/2016 12:22 PM, McDonaldR wrote:

[...]

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source

Re: Plugin processing problem

Matthias Kuhn 🌍
Sorry I meant to write

import QSettings()
QSettings().remove('/PythonPlugins/watchDog/processing')

Matthias

On 03/17/2016 02:50 PM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
[...]

T: 01307 476419 | F: 01307 476401 | E: [hidden email][hidden email]

[...]

Matthias,

I get the following when using the console.

import QSettings()

  File "<input>", line 1

    import QSettings()

                    ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

QSettings().remove('/PythonPlugins/watchDog/processing')

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'QSettings' is not defined

Ross

Re: Plugin processing problem

Matthias Kuhn 🌍
Hmpf

from PyQt4.QtCore import QSettings
QSettings().remove('/PythonPlugins/watchDog/processing')

Shouldn't try to answer emails and fix bugs at the same time. At least the second task was more successful. It's fixed in master and 2.14.1, when re-enabling a plugin was successful it will be unflagged.

Matthias