Plot to DWF (eplot) - plot wrong -> islands/holes filled

Plot to DWF (eplot) - plot wrong -> islands/holes filled

Miguel Vivanco
Hello List

I want to know how to solve this issue.

1 - Why do you need to create a new OSGeo User?
I got and issue while PLOT, because Plot to DWF plot wrong in islands/holes filled

2 - If it is to report a bug:
I have this kind of multipolygon with a hole/island inside each
In the viewer displays OK.

But when Plot as DWF

byteReader = mappingService.GeneratePlot(map, plotSpec, layout, dwfVersion);

The results always is wrong:

The second hole is filled.

Thanks

Miguel Vivanco

Re: Plot to DWF (eplot) - plot wrong -> islands/holes filled

Jackie Ng
Hi Miguel,

I have been able to reproduce your problem and have created a ticket for it:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2777

- Jackie

Re: Plot to DWF (eplot) - plot wrong -> islands/holes filled

Jackie Ng
An update.

This problem previously existed for polygons:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1089

But it appears that fix doesn't properly handle the multi-polygon case.

A speculative fix would be to remove/comment out lines 2186 and 2187 in
DWFRenderer.cpp in Renderers
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Renderers/DWFRenderer.cpp#L2186).
A code patch that does this is included in the ticket:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2777

A MgRenderers.dll built with this code change applied no longer fills holes
in multipolygons in the tests I've done.

However, I'm not comfortable with this being the general solution as I am
not knowledgeable enough with the DWF Toolkit to say this is the definitive
fix.

- Jackie