Please comment: Invitation for application for support for TGP of a regional event

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please comment: Invitation for application for support for TGP of a regional event

Till Adams-3
Dear CC!

Please find below nmy draft I'd like to sent out to the community
regarding applications for support of regional travel grant programms.

Are there any comments? If not, I will send this text out on wednesday
this week. At least, it would be good if any native speaker would
correct my german-english stuff ;-)

Till

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear OSGeo community!

We as the OSgeo Conference Committee are convinced that most of you have
already been to one of the many FOSS4G events taking place all over the
world. We are also sure, that you also think, that FOSS4G events are an
important part of our Open Source community culture.

There have been several events in the past where members of our
community have been able to participate through a Travel Grant Program
(TGP).

The OSGeo Board has taken this into account by releasing a TGP budget
for 2019 and has given OSGeo's CC the task of supporting TGP's on both a
global and regional level. We as OSGeo CC hereby call upon you to apply
to promote your TGP at your regional FOSS4G event. We have collected
some information on this in the OSGeo WIKI under [1].

If you want to apply for support money for your TGP taking place in 2019
or early 2020, please write a short informal application to the OSGeo
Conference Committee (or to me directly) stating the event and the
expected number of participants until *8th of March 2019*.

The amount of support depends on the number of applications and your
expected number of participants. If we receive too many applications and
thus it does not make sense to support all events with a small amount,
the decision will be made by lot.

Kind regards,


Till

as chair of OSGeo's Conference committee

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programs_Cookbook



_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please comment: Invitation for application for support for TGP of a regional event

stevenfeldman
Only comment would be to make it clear that this is for LOCs to apply as otherwise we may get loads of individuals asking for grants

Steven
07958 924 101

> On 11 Feb 2019, at 15:48, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear CC!
>
> Please find below nmy draft I'd like to sent out to the community
> regarding applications for support of regional travel grant programms.
>
> Are there any comments? If not, I will send this text out on wednesday
> this week. At least, it would be good if any native speaker would
> correct my german-english stuff ;-)
>
> Till
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Dear OSGeo community!
>
> We as the OSgeo Conference Committee are convinced that most of you have
> already been to one of the many FOSS4G events taking place all over the
> world. We are also sure, that you also think, that FOSS4G events are an
> important part of our Open Source community culture.
>
> There have been several events in the past where members of our
> community have been able to participate through a Travel Grant Program
> (TGP).
>
> The OSGeo Board has taken this into account by releasing a TGP budget
> for 2019 and has given OSGeo's CC the task of supporting TGP's on both a
> global and regional level. We as OSGeo CC hereby call upon you to apply
> to promote your TGP at your regional FOSS4G event. We have collected
> some information on this in the OSGeo WIKI under [1].
>
> If you want to apply for support money for your TGP taking place in 2019
> or early 2020, please write a short informal application to the OSGeo
> Conference Committee (or to me directly) stating the event and the
> expected number of participants until *8th of March 2019*.
>
> The amount of support depends on the number of applications and your
> expected number of participants. If we receive too many applications and
> thus it does not make sense to support all events with a small amount,
> the decision will be made by lot.
>
> Kind regards,
>
>
> Till
>
> as chair of OSGeo's Conference committee
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programs_Cookbook
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please comment: Invitation for application for support for TGP of a regional event

Eli Adam


On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:19 AM Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only comment would be to make it clear that this is for LOCs to apply as otherwise we may get loads of individuals asking for grants


Good point!
 
Steven
07958 924 101

> On 11 Feb 2019, at 15:48, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear CC!
>
> Please find below nmy draft I'd like to sent out to the community
> regarding applications for support of regional travel grant programms.
>
> Are there any comments? If not, I will send this text out on wednesday
> this week. At least, it would be good if any native speaker would
> correct my german-english stuff ;-)

It seems heavy on background and history.  English seems fine to me.
 
>
> Till
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Dear OSGeo community!
>
> We as the OSgeo Conference Committee are convinced that most of you have
> already been to one of the many FOSS4G events taking place all over the
> world. We are also sure, that you also think, that FOSS4G events are an
> important part of our Open Source community culture.
>
> There have been several events in the past where members of our
> community have been able to participate through a Travel Grant Program
> (TGP).
>
> The OSGeo Board has taken this into account by releasing a TGP budget
> for 2019 and has given OSGeo's CC the task of supporting TGP's on both a
> global and regional level. We as OSGeo CC hereby call upon you to apply
> to promote your TGP at your regional FOSS4G event. We have collected
> some information on this in the OSGeo WIKI under [1].
>
> If you want to apply for support money for your TGP taking place in 2019
> or early 2020, please write a short informal application to the OSGeo
> Conference Committee (or to me directly) stating the event and the
> expected number of participants until *8th of March 2019*.
>
> The amount of support depends on the number of applications and your
> expected number of participants. If we receive too many applications and
> thus it does not make sense to support all events with a small amount,
> the decision will be made by lot.

Do you want a more formal application or form for LOCs to fill out?  The number of attendees at the same event in previous years seems to be one of the most useful numbers to me.  

 
>
> Kind regards,
>
>
> Till
>
> as chair of OSGeo's Conference committee
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programs_Cookbook
>


What do you want the link to be?

Eli
 

>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev