Please Help Puerto Rico Develop a GIS Crowdsourcing Platform

Please Help Puerto Rico Develop a GIS Crowdsourcing Platform

Yosem Companys
Hi All,

Do you or someone you know have expertise crowdsourcing GIS data?

I'm currently advising Hunter College's Center for Puerto Rican Studies ("Centro") on its GIS mapping efforts in Puerto Rico. Centro is one of just a handful of groups using GIS mapping to help Puerto Rico.

Since Hurricane Maria's landfall in Puerto Rico, Centro's GIS mapping has shifted from relief to recovery and reconstruction. To accelerate its efforts, Centro would like to create a crowdsourcing platform to gather GIS data.

I've suggested to Centro to connect with developers who have expertise in crowdsourcing GIS data so as to avoid reinventing the wheel. To this end, should you or someone you know have expertise developing GIS data crowdsourcing platforms, please let me know.

Thanks,
Yosem