Place Control.Panel inside a custom container div?

Place Control.Panel inside a custom container div?

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

in the panel.html example of the trunk, there is a div with id "panel", which is not used at all.

Now my question: can the panel be placed inside this div instead of the map container? If no, would OpenLayers still work reliable if I remove the panel child from the map container and add it as new child to a div outside the map?

The reason why I ask this is because I have not found a way to get the buttons to display outside the map area - obviously because of an "overflow:hidden" CSS property of the map container which should not be removed because map tiles are hidden there.

Thank you for your answers!
Andreas.

PRISMA solutions
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Hocevar

Re: Place Control.Panel inside a custom container div?

Christopher Schmidt-2
On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 12:04:52AM +0200, Andreas Hocevar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the panel.html example of the trunk, there is a div with id "panel",
> which is not used at all.
>
> Now my question: can the panel be placed inside this div instead of the map
> container? If no, would OpenLayers still work reliable if I remove the panel
> child from the map container and add it as new child to a div outside the
> map?

Yep:

new OpenLayers.Control.Panel({'div':$('panel')});

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta