Photographs as record of changin times

Magnus Homann
Hi,
I like to take pohotos of a couple of spots and see how the forest
changes from year to year. So, the photos are takne rfom the
(approximate) same place, but in different years.

How best organize thsi? Keep alkl photos of same spot in one layer?
Keep all photos from same photo session i one layer?

I have used eVis for viewing, is there anything read-ymeade in that
package that can relieve my organizing angst? Other ideas?

Thanks,
Magnus

Re: Photographs as record of changin times

John C. Tull
Magnus,

Do you want to be able to run through points where you see a photo of
before, then see the photo of after next? You could name your photos
in some sequential manner such that the before is point 1 in a table
and the after is point 2, etc. For instance, location_name_a.jpg
(before), location_name_b.jpg (after).

Another possibility would be to create an image from the before and
after photos so you have the photos side-by-side. If your not dealing
with more than 2 photos per site, this might be nice so you can
compare them easily in one image window. You could do the compositing
with imagemagick, possibly scripting it.

I have become a big fan of the eVis plugin, so I would stick with
that. Alternatively, you could create an action (I believe) to open
the linked image from a point layer. I've not used actions at all, but
this always seemed like a possibility.

Maybe this helps,
John