Permissions

pcav

Re: Permissions

Matt Wilkie
I didn't see a public response to this. Has it been answered?

-matt

Re: Permissions

pcav
Not that I know of.
All the best.

On 10 febbraio 2014 22:06:00 CET, Matt Wilkie <[hidden email]> wrote:
I didn't see a public response to this. Has it been answered?

-matt

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://faunalia.eu/

Re: Permissions

mhw-at-yg
Hi Paolo,

This is a general answer for the list and the archives, not directly at you. I know you've been around for awhile. ;-)

What is the procedure to grant write access to the repo?

It's not very formal. I recommend generating some material (e.g. patches, sample packages) showing a basic understanding of how osgeo4w works and usefulness to the community, and then to ask here on the list. This gives currrent committers and maintainers a chance to discuss request  (which often doesn't happen as there's usually no controversy; the merits are self evident). If there is no response in a reasonable time, the current admins being occupied elsewhere much of the time, run down the list at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/CoreTeam.

The "repo" part bears expanding on: there is the package repository, downloads.osgeo42.org, where we all install the O4W software from, and the subversion code repository , for the setup programs. They have independent permissions. Generally speaking a "committer" is for the code and a "maintainer" for packages. There are many more maintainers than committers.

cheers,

-matt

On 10/02/2014 1:08 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
Not that I know of.
All the best.

On 10 febbraio 2014 22:06:00 CET, Matt Wilkie [hidden email] wrote:
I didn't see a public response to this. Has it been answered?

-matt

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

-Matt