Performance problems in changeset [2867]

Performance problems in changeset [2867]

James Stembridge-2
Hi,

While improving things in relation to memory usage changeset [2867]
seems to have introduced a pretty unacceptable decline in performance.
I'm finding that removing ~400 markers from a layer takes ~4s, with the
vast proportion of the time spent in Event.stopObserving.

I have attached (I can't seem to do this in trac) a patch that improves
the efficiency of the observer cache with respect to removals, while not
perfect this drops the time taken to remove ~400 markers to a more
respectable 500ms.

Regards,
James.

--

DISCLAIMER: Important - This e-mail and the information that it contains
may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Access by

Company no: 04397593 Reg office: 1 City Square, Leeds, LS1 2DP, United
Kingdom VAT no: 789 6572 50

observer_cache.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Performance problems in changeset [2867]

Erik Uzureau-3
Hi James,

Thanks very much for this patch. We weren't even taking into
consideration speed when we were writing these patches -- only memory.
How awesome to see how quickly the community picks up on things like
this.

Do we have an ICLA / CCLA from you? This is a very elegant patch and I
would love to include it in trunk, but must first have the proper
authorizations.

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute

Erik