Performance of Geoserver!

ngolehung84
Hi,
I'm newbie with Geoserver. I want to test the performance of Geoserver with the large file (1 to 10 MB)! Can you give me some example shape file (with request) and give me some forum discussing about Geoserver!
Thanks for your help!
Hung.

Re: Performance of Geoserver!

Chris Holmes-2

hung ngole wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm newbie with Geoserver. I want to test the performance of Geoserver
> with the large file (1 to 10 MB)! Can you give me some example shape
> file (with request) and give me some forum discussing about Geoserver!
Sure, there's a lot of US data in shapefiles from TIGER at:
http://www.esri.com/data/download/census2000_tigerline/index.html  As
for a request, if you start up GeoServer and go to the web admin tool at
http://localhost:8080/geoserver  and click Demo -> Sample Requests there
are a number of sample requests.  The Getmap one will render an image.
Note that GeoServer comes with a few shapefiles to try out.  If you
explore the Demo section you'll get requests.  Also note that by GIS
standards even 10 megs is a pretty small file.  So GeoServer should have
no trouble with that.

As for a forum to discuss GeoServer, the email lists work fine.  If you
want to interact with them like a forum you can go to
http://www.nabble.com/GeoServer-f1193.html

best regards,

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project

cholmes.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment