Peer bonus awards for Jo Cook and Jared Morgan

Peer bonus awards for Jo Cook and Jared Morgan

Cameron Shorter

Jo Cook and Jared Morgan have been presented with awards for Google's Open Source Peer Bonus Program. The award is a recognition and thank you to people who go above and beyond in their contributions to open source. It also includes a token financial contribution - enough to take the family out for dinner at a nice restaurant.

Well done Jo and Jared, you really deserve it:

--

Jo is an enabler of open source communities. She commits large chunks of her volunteer time to working on the hard problems that others don't tackle. She is someone you can rely upon when needed, and she steps back when her skill-sets are more valuable elsewhere.

A few highlights of her volunteer activities over the last couple of decades include:

  • Help set up The Good Docs Project, doing much of the grunt work in setting up open source processes.
  • Mentoring a Season of Docs tech writer and other community contributors for the GeoNetwork project.
  • Presenting at numerous conferences on topics of open source, documentation, and geospatial.
  • Playing lead roles in setting up conferences for the Open Source Geospatial foundation.
  • Building the Portable GIS distribution of Open Source Geospatial software.
  • Serving on the board of the international Open Source Geospatial foundation (OSGeo).
  • and more ...

--

Jared is a core contributor and community builder within The Good Docs Project. As an experienced technical writer, he has contributed to many of our initial set of writing templates and then helped absorb feedback from our community. He is well respected and well connected within the technical writing community, helping to inspire other thought leading technical writers to come and join us.

This year, 2020, he has signed up as a Season of Docs mentor for The Good Docs Project.

In a related activity, he has also helped spread knowledge within the technical writing community, by co-hosting the Write the Docs podcast.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google

Re: Peer bonus awards for Jo Cook and Jared Morgan

Mateusz Loskot
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 22:43, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jo Cook and Jared Morgan have been presented with awards for Google's Open Source Peer Bonus Program. The award is a recognition and thank you to people who go above and beyond in their contributions to open source. It also includes a token financial contribution - enough to take the family out for dinner at a nice restaurant.
>
> Well done Jo and Jared, you really deserve it:

Congratulations!

Re: Peer bonus awards for Jo Cook and Jared Morgan

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Am 18.09.2020 10:30 schrieb Mateusz Loskot:

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 22:43, Cameron Shorter
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Jo Cook and Jared Morgan have been presented with awards for Google's
>> Open Source Peer Bonus Program. The award is a recognition and thank
>> you to people who go above and beyond in their contributions to open
>> source. It also includes a token financial contribution - enough to
>> take the family out for dinner at a nice restaurant.
>>
>> Well done Jo and Jared, you really deserve it:
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Best regards,

Great news! Congratulations and thanks for all your contributions and
energy!

Astrid