Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable

Valentin Lucet
Hello, 

I am writing to enquire about an issue I have encountered on the GRASS website. 

I am trying to access past versions of the manuals (for instance, GRASS 7.4) at this address https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/index.html. However, this brings me to the manuals for GRASS 7.8.
I have also tried to follow the download link for those manual pages here https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/grass-7.4_html_manual.zip. The link is broken.
This problem is the same for other versions (and for some reason the download link for GRASS 7.6 is not broken but downloads the 7.8 version of the manual). 

I am working with past version of GRASS and would like to be able to access the past documentation. I am also working on an R package which depends on these manual (https://github.com/VLucet/rgrassdoc). 

Thank you for this wonderful software and your great work! 

Best regards, 
Valentin Lucet

_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable

Markus Neteler
Hi Valentin,

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:59 PM Valentin Lucet
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am writing to enquire about an issue I have encountered on the GRASS website.
>
> I am trying to access past versions of the manuals (for instance, GRASS 7.4) at this address https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/index.html. However, this brings me to the manuals for GRASS 7.8.
> I have also tried to follow the download link for those manual pages here https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/grass-7.4_html_manual.zip. The link is broken.
> This problem is the same for other versions (and for some reason the download link for GRASS 7.6 is not broken but downloads the 7.8 version of the manual).

Well, you are right: these older manual pages are not reachable.
They are not broken but I had put a redirect since Google etc
notoriously linked to the old and not new ones.

> I am working with past version of GRASS and would like to be able to access the past documentation. I am also working on an R package which depends on these manual (https://github.com/VLucet/rgrassdoc).

Yes, I see your point. The old behaviour has been restored.
Please try.

Best
Markus


> Thank you for this wonderful software and your great work!
>
> Best regards,
> Valentin Lucet
> _______________________________________________
> grass-web mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable

Valentin Lucet
Hi Markus, 

Thank you for that, this is very useful!

Valentin

From: Markus Neteler <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 8:02 AM
To: Valentin Lucet <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-web] Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable
 
Hi Valentin,

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:59 PM Valentin Lucet
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am writing to enquire about an issue I have encountered on the GRASS website.
>
> I am trying to access past versions of the manuals (for instance, GRASS 7.4) at this address https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/index.html. However, this brings me to the manuals for GRASS 7.8.
> I have also tried to follow the download link for those manual pages here https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/grass-7.4_html_manual.zip. The link is broken.
> This problem is the same for other versions (and for some reason the download link for GRASS 7.6 is not broken but downloads the 7.8 version of the manual).

Well, you are right: these older manual pages are not reachable.
They are not broken but I had put a redirect since Google etc
notoriously linked to the old and not new ones.

> I am working with past version of GRASS and would like to be able to access the past documentation. I am also working on an R package which depends on these manual (https://github.com/VLucet/rgrassdoc).

Yes, I see your point. The old behaviour has been restored.
Please try.

Best
Markus


> Thank you for this wonderful software and your great work!
>
> Best regards,
> Valentin Lucet
> _______________________________________________
> grass-web mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog

_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web