Package rgrass7 - g.extension function

romain Fer.

Hello,

I am a french student in master’s degrees, in advence I’m sorry for my english.

I using the package rgrass7 with R during my internship and I have a error on one function of this package. I use g.extension to import r.clip. I explain this error on this forum : https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/360310/install-grass-extension-with-g-extension-and-rstudio

Can you look my explications of this problem and do you give me your opinion on this error ?

Thanks you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Romain Fernandez

Re: Package rgrass7 - g.extension function

Helmut Kudrnovsky
romain Fer. wrote

> Hello,
>
> I am a french student in master's degrees, in advence I'm sorry for my
> english.
>
> I using the package rgrass7 with R during my internship and I have a error
> on one function of this package. I use g.extension to import r.clip. I
> explain this error on this forum :
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/360310/install-grass-extension-with-g-extension-and-rstudio
>
> Can you look my explications of this problem and do you give me your
> opinion on this error ?
>
> Thanks you in advance for your help,

there are maybe several issues here:

>initGRASS("C:/Program Files/GRASS GIS 7.6"

is it possible to upgrade to the 7.8.x-line?

>    libgis_revison = grass.version()['libgis_revision']
>KeyError: 'libgis_revision'

AFAIR there have been some issues with libgis_revision in earlier versions;
this should be addressed in 7.8.x-line.

>ATTENTION: GRASS_ADDON_BASE is not defined

this variable should be defined that the addon is installed in the correst
place.

when you use winGRASS out of RStudio, are there all needed variables
defined?

see

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/mswindows/env.bat

for hints which variables should be defined in minimum that standalone
winGRASS is working.

%GISBASE% is the installation path to standalone winGRASS.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html
best regards
Helmut

Re: Package rgrass7 - g.extension function

Roger Bivand
On Tue, 5 May 2020, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> romain Fer. wrote
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a french student in master's degrees, in advence I'm sorry for my
>> english.
>>
>> I using the package rgrass7 with R during my internship and I have a error
>> on one function of this package. I use g.extension to import r.clip. I
>> explain this error on this forum :
>> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/360310/install-grass-extension-with-g-extension-and-rstudio
>>
>> Can you look my explications of this problem and do you give me your
>> opinion on this error ?
>>
>> Thanks you in advance for your help,
>
> there are maybe several issues here:
>
>> initGRASS("C:/Program Files/GRASS GIS 7.6"
>
> is it possible to upgrade to the 7.8.x-line?
>
>>    libgis_revison = grass.version()['libgis_revision']
>> KeyError: 'libgis_revision'
>
> AFAIR there have been some issues with libgis_revision in earlier versions;
> this should be addressed in 7.8.x-line.
>
>> ATTENTION: GRASS_ADDON_BASE is not defined
>
> this variable should be defined that the addon is installed in the correst
> place.
>
> when you use winGRASS out of RStudio, are there all needed variables
> defined?

Exactly, because RStudio uses multiple layers of processes, often the
processes do not inherit environments properly. Do use Rgui on Windows,
not Rstudio. If the error repeats with Rgui, then we know more.

How was GRASS installed, via OSGeo4W or winGRASS?

Roger

> see
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/mswindows/env.bat
>
> for hints which variables should be defined in minimum that standalone
> winGRASS is working.
>
> %GISBASE% is the installation path to standalone winGRASS.
>

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Stats-f4049448.html

Roger Bivand
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway