PSC resignation

Schuyler Erle
Dear friends,

Recognizing that it has been a very long time since I have been able to engage actively in the development or leadership of the OpenLayers project, and writing with great regret, I would like to tender my resignation from the Project Steering Committee.

As near as I can tell, the project turns 7 years old next month. OpenLayers has been wildly successful, by any standard that can be applied to an Open Source project, or, for that matter, any software project. I excerpt from http://www.ohloh.net/p/openlayers:

  In a nutshell, OpenLayers...

        * ... has had 6,632 commits made by 78 contributors representing 118,331 lines of code
        * ... is mostly written in JavaScript with a well-commented source code
        * ... has a well established, mature codebase maintained by a very large development team
        * ... took an estimated 30 years of effort (COCOMO model) with its first commit in May, 2006 and its most recent commit 3 days ago

That is an impressive accomplishment!

I cannot tell you how proud I am of the OpenLayers project and our community. We have fundamentally changed the nature of interactive cartographic maps on the Web. We have made maps more accessible, and more flexible, for increasing numbers of people and for an incredible variety of use cases. We have driven technological innovation in the domain, and and driven others to innovate. I think it is safe to say that millions of people have used an OpenLayers map. Our efforts have demonstrably made the world a better place.

On a personal note, I can say that OpenLayers has changed my life for the better. I would not be who I am, or where I am today, without the benefit of the collaboration that I have enjoyed with you all. I am grateful to have had the opportunity, and I look forward for the opportunity to collaborate with any of you again. I thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I promise I won't be a stranger.

SDE

Re: PSC resignation

Tim Schaub
Thanks for your very significant part in making OpenLayers a success Schuyler!  Especially in laying such a solid foundation to build on.

Tim

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Schuyler Erle <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

OpenGeo http://opengeo.org/

Re: PSC resignation

erilem
When I joined Camptocamp back in 2007 the open-source project I immediately got excited about was OpenLayers. You, and others, really made this project attractive and useful for people. Thank you Schuyler!

Le jeudi 25 avril 2013, Schuyler Erle a écrit :
[...]

Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352
73377 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex