PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

still in a release manager mood from today's first release of GeoExt
(http://geoext.org/), which is definitely something to check out for
Mapbuilder users, I would like to make a proposal:

Today I closed some tickets for the 1.5 milestone, including an update
to OpenLayers 2.8, which brings a lot of improvements. As you now,
Mapbuilder 1.5rc2 is based on OpenLayers 2.6.

Since we have promised to release Mapbuilder 1.5, I think it is time
now to finally do that. I built Mapbuilder from current trunk today,
and put it online on
http://nightly.communitymapbuilder.org/mapbuilder/. I would like to
tag this for 1.5rc3, announce the release candidate, wait a few days
for feedback / bug reports, and then do the final release of
Mapbuilder 1.5

I am +1, how about others?

Regards,
Andreas.

Re: PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi

Thanks for picking up the release of 1.5

+1

Steven

On a side note, GeoExt really is shaping up. I've been playing with
it for a bit now and I like it, definitely interesting for mapbuilder
people who want to move to a new platform.

On Jul 2, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> still in a release manager mood from today's first release of GeoExt
> (http://geoext.org/), which is definitely something to check out for
> Mapbuilder users, I would like to make a proposal:
>
> Today I closed some tickets for the 1.5 milestone, including an update
> to OpenLayers 2.8, which brings a lot of improvements. As you now,
> Mapbuilder 1.5rc2 is based on OpenLayers 2.6.
>
> Since we have promised to release Mapbuilder 1.5, I think it is time
> now to finally do that. I built Mapbuilder from current trunk today,
> and put it online on
> http://nightly.communitymapbuilder.org/mapbuilder/. I would like to
> tag this for 1.5rc3, announce the release candidate, wait a few days
> for feedback / bug reports, and then do the final release of
> Mapbuilder 1.5
>
> I am +1, how about others?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.

Steven M. Ottens -==- http://research.geodan.nl/

Re: PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Olivier Terral
Hi

+1

Olivier

*Steven M. Ottens a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Thanks for picking up the release of 1.5
>
> +1
>

> Steven
>
> On a side note, GeoExt really is shaping up. I've been playing with
> it for a bit now and I like it, definitely interesting for mapbuilder
> people who want to move to a new platform.
>

> On Jul 2, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Andreas Hocevar wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> still in a release manager mood from today's first release of GeoExt
>> (http://geoext.org/), which is definitely something to check out for
>> Mapbuilder users, I would like to make a proposal:
>>
>> Today I closed some tickets for the 1.5 milestone, including an update
>> to OpenLayers 2.8, which brings a lot of improvements. As you now,
>> Mapbuilder 1.5rc2 is based on OpenLayers 2.6.
>>
>> Since we have promised to release Mapbuilder 1.5, I think it is time
>> now to finally do that. I built Mapbuilder from current trunk today,
>> and put it online on
>> http://nightly.communitymapbuilder.org/mapbuilder/. I would like to
>> tag this for 1.5rc3, announce the release candidate, wait a few days
>> for feedback / bug reports, and then do the final release of
>> Mapbuilder 1.5
>>
>> I am +1, how about others?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas.

Re: PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Gertjan van Oosten
Hi Andreas,

As quoted from Andreas Hocevar <[hidden email]>:
> Mapbuilder 1.5

Your efforts to get our final release out are much appreciated!
+1 from me

-- Gertjan van Oosten, Principal Consultant, West Consulting B.V.
-- [hidden email]     +31 15 2191 600       www.west.nl

Re: PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Cameron Shorter
+2.
Andreas, I incredibly appreciative that you have taken this through to
completion as we had said we would. Thank you so much.
Cameron.

PS. There is an interesting presentation at FOSS4G covering "what makes
a successful project", comparing mapbuilder and openlayers. It should be
very good if selected.

Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> still in a release manager mood from today's first release of GeoExt
> (http://geoext.org/), which is definitely something to check out for
> Mapbuilder users, I would like to make a proposal:
>
> Today I closed some tickets for the 1.5 milestone, including an update
> to OpenLayers 2.8, which brings a lot of improvements. As you now,
> Mapbuilder 1.5rc2 is based on OpenLayers 2.6.
>
> Since we have promised to release Mapbuilder 1.5, I think it is time
> now to finally do that. I built Mapbuilder from current trunk today,
> and put it online on
> http://nightly.communitymapbuilder.org/mapbuilder/. I would like to
> tag this for 1.5rc3, announce the release candidate, wait a few days
> for feedback / bug reports, and then do the final release of
> Mapbuilder 1.5
>
> I am +1, how about others?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Think Globally, Fix Locally
http://www.lisasoft.com

Re: PSC please vote: Mapbuilder 1.5 release procedure

Michael Adair
Andreas,

+1 from me.  It would be nice to get that final release out the door.

Mike

Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> still in a release manager mood from today's first release of GeoExt
> (http://geoext.org/), which is definitely something to check out for
> Mapbuilder users, I would like to make a proposal:
>
> Today I closed some tickets for the 1.5 milestone, including an update
> to OpenLayers 2.8, which brings a lot of improvements. As you now,
> Mapbuilder 1.5rc2 is based on OpenLayers 2.6.
>
> Since we have promised to release Mapbuilder 1.5, I think it is time
> now to finally do that. I built Mapbuilder from current trunk today,
> and put it online on
> http://nightly.communitymapbuilder.org/mapbuilder/. I would like to
> tag this for 1.5rc3, announce the release candidate, wait a few days
> for feedback / bug reports, and then do the final release of
> Mapbuilder 1.5
>
> I am +1, how about others?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.