PSC meeting minutes, Jan 8th 2019

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PSC meeting minutes, Jan 8th 2019

geowolf

Attending

Torben Barsballe

Ian Turton

Andrea Aime

Nuno Oliveira

Jukka Rahkonen

Agenda

  • OSGeo budget

    • OSGeo code sprint - JAI

    • CITE tests

  • Release Volunteers for 2.14.2, 2.15-RC

  • Miscellaneous jenkins / repo follow-up

  • QA work

  • Style conversion in GeoServer UI

Actions from Last Meeting

  • [Andrea] Ask on list for 2.13.4 release volunteers [DONE]

Actions

  • AA: ask for 2.15

  • Torben: Try rebooting Jenkins to help with file limit

  • Torben: Add email notifications to the Java11 jenkins builds [DONE]


OSGeo Budget

  • Jody suggestion: OSGeo code sprint to work on JAI. GeoSolutions & Astun participation in Minneapolis unlikely.

  • CITE tests, most pressing for Andrea and Ian (Andrea wondering about not participating to other code sprints until it’s done)

  • Deprecated code removal, so that we can add a rule to disallow it and stop people from deprecating without removing call points to the newly deprecated stuff.

  • Removing EMF and replacing with normal javabeans? (and update the XSD bindings… btw, fast reflection using invokedynamic here: https://medium.freecodecamp.org/a-faster-alternative-to-java-reflection-db6b1e48c33e )

  • GeoWebCache to have a proper release build on Jenkins? :-)

  • GeoWebCache pimp up, add features to give the project some life and make more people familiar with the codebase


Release Volunteers for 2.14.2, 2.15-RC

2.14.2: Torben volunteers

2.15-RC: No feedback on M0 so far, push back one week, and then release 2.15 in Feb as planned. Ian to release GT/GS, Andrea to help with GWC

Module Maintainers

Try to generate a list of module maintainers from pom.xml and module proposals. This will allow us to keep track of status of modules as people come and go from the projects.

Jenkins / Travis / Repo

Travis: Failing on gt-opengis (?) with 10 minute timeout, gt-opengis starts working and never installs while other modules keep on running in the other builder (T2). Andrea has made some changes to the travis.yml, hopefully it will help, keep an eye on it.


Jenkins: Too many open file - nofile to 2048 helped a little, reboot Jenkins?


Reminder that repo.boundless.com is going offline for maintenance this weekend, see list message last week.

QA work

PMD / ErrorProne. Questions, concerns? You can also follow up on list.

And yes, if one introduces a failure, Travis build is going to complain, and Jenkins notifications are going to be enabled too (by Torben).


Style conversion in GeoServer UI

SLD -> CSS conversion incoming thanks to “Flat”, non cascading mode.

So, idea, unlock the dropdown for style conversion for existing styles when supported, and notify the user that nothing will be saved. Or use the copy action? Maybe both.





_______________________________________________
Geoserver-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PSC meeting minutes, Jan 8th 2019

jody.garnett
I am going to ask for an update on JAI to see if code donation is going to happen. 

Fully support focusing budget request on CITE tests, and yeah if attending North America is unlikely would to plan for Europe up front.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 9:55 AM Andrea Aime <[hidden email]> wrote:

Attending

Torben Barsballe

Ian Turton

Andrea Aime

Nuno Oliveira

Jukka Rahkonen

Agenda

  • OSGeo budget

    • OSGeo code sprint - JAI

    • CITE tests

  • Release Volunteers for 2.14.2, 2.15-RC

  • Miscellaneous jenkins / repo follow-up

  • QA work

  • Style conversion in GeoServer UI

Actions from Last Meeting

  • [Andrea] Ask on list for 2.13.4 release volunteers [DONE]

Actions

  • AA: ask for 2.15

  • Torben: Try rebooting Jenkins to help with file limit

  • Torben: Add email notifications to the Java11 jenkins builds [DONE]


OSGeo Budget

  • Jody suggestion: OSGeo code sprint to work on JAI. GeoSolutions & Astun participation in Minneapolis unlikely.

  • CITE tests, most pressing for Andrea and Ian (Andrea wondering about not participating to other code sprints until it’s done)

  • Deprecated code removal, so that we can add a rule to disallow it and stop people from deprecating without removing call points to the newly deprecated stuff.

  • Removing EMF and replacing with normal javabeans? (and update the XSD bindings… btw, fast reflection using invokedynamic here: https://medium.freecodecamp.org/a-faster-alternative-to-java-reflection-db6b1e48c33e )

  • GeoWebCache to have a proper release build on Jenkins? :-)

  • GeoWebCache pimp up, add features to give the project some life and make more people familiar with the codebase


Release Volunteers for 2.14.2, 2.15-RC

2.14.2: Torben volunteers

2.15-RC: No feedback on M0 so far, push back one week, and then release 2.15 in Feb as planned. Ian to release GT/GS, Andrea to help with GWC

Module Maintainers

Try to generate a list of module maintainers from pom.xml and module proposals. This will allow us to keep track of status of modules as people come and go from the projects.

Jenkins / Travis / Repo

Travis: Failing on gt-opengis (?) with 10 minute timeout, gt-opengis starts working and never installs while other modules keep on running in the other builder (T2). Andrea has made some changes to the travis.yml, hopefully it will help, keep an eye on it.


Jenkins: Too many open file - nofile to 2048 helped a little, reboot Jenkins?


Reminder that repo.boundless.com is going offline for maintenance this weekend, see list message last week.

QA work

PMD / ErrorProne. Questions, concerns? You can also follow up on list.

And yes, if one introduces a failure, Travis build is going to complain, and Jenkins notifications are going to be enabled too (by Torben).


Style conversion in GeoServer UI

SLD -> CSS conversion incoming thanks to “Flat”, non cascading mode.

So, idea, unlock the dropdown for style conversion for existing styles when supported, and notify the user that nothing will be saved. Or use the copy action? Maybe both.



_______________________________________________
Geoserver-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-devel
--
--
Jody Garnett


_______________________________________________
Geoserver-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-devel