PSC formation

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: I think we have enough momentum in the project that we need an
initial governance setup to help us along on an as required basis.  I'd like
to follow the process put forth in pycsw (which followed the process put
forth in MapServer) at [1].

I don't think we're at the point where we need an RFC mechanism but we
can revisit this as the project evolves.

So, I propose:

1. bootstrapping a PSC per below:

Angelos Tzotsos
Francesco Bartoli
Just van den Broecke
Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus
Paul van Genuchten
Tom Kralidis

2. voting for a PSC chair

3. putting forth a PSC page and terms on pygeoapi.io

Thoughts?  What do folks think?

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-1.html

Re: PSC formation

Angelos Tzotsos
+1
Angelos

On 9/8/19 3:45 PM, Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus wrote:
:+1:

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 2:38 PM +0200, "Tom Kralidis" <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: PSC formation

Jachym Cepicky
nice

ne 8. 9. 2019 v 15:05 odesílatel Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> napsal:

> +1
> Angelos
>
> On 9/8/19 3:45 PM, Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus wrote:
>
> :+1:

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 2:38 PM +0200, "Tom Kralidis" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

> Hi all: I think we have enough momentum in the project that we need an
> initial governance setup to help us along on an as required basis.  I'd like
> to follow the process put forth in pycsw (which followed the process put
> forth in MapServer) at [1].
>
> I don't think we're at the point where we need an RFC mechanism but we
> can revisit this as the project evolves.
>
> So, I propose:
>
> 1. bootstrapping a PSC per below:
>
> Angelos Tzotsos
> Francesco Bartoli
> Just van den Broecke
> Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus
> Paul van Genuchten
> Tom Kralidis
>
> 2. voting for a PSC chair
>
> 3. putting forth a PSC page and terms on pygeoapi.io
>
> Thoughts?  What do folks think?
>
> Thanks
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-1.html

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: PSC formation

Paul van Genuchten
+1

Re: PSC formation

Just van den Broecke-2
+1
On 09-09-19 09:07, Francesco Bartoli wrote:

> +1
> Il 8 set 2019, 14:38 +0200, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>, ha
> scritto:
>> Hi all: I think we have enough momentum in the project that we need an
>> initial governance setup to help us along on an as required basis. I'd
>> like
>> to follow the process put forth in pycsw (which followed the process put
>> forth in MapServer) at [1].
>>
>> I don't think we're at the point where we need an RFC mechanism but we
>> can revisit this as the project evolves.
>>
>> So, I propose:
>>
>> 1. bootstrapping a PSC per below:
>>
>> Angelos Tzotsos
>> Francesco Bartoli
>> Just van den Broecke
>> Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus
>> Paul van Genuchten
>> Tom Kralidis
>>
>> 2. voting for a PSC chair
>>
>> 3. putting forth a PSC page and terms on pygeoapi.io
>>
>> Thoughts? What do folks think?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1] https://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-1.html

Re: PSC formation

Angelos Tzotsos

I think everyone voted +1, so we have a PSC.

I would like to nominate Tom as the PSC chair.

Best,
Angelos

On 25-09-19 14:48, Francesco Bartoli wrote:

> +1 for sure
>
> Cheers,
> Francesco
> Il 10 set 2019, 23:53 +0200, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]>,
> ha scritto:
>> +1
>> Il 9 set 2019, 15:52 +0200, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]>,
>> ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I think everyone voted +1, so we have a PSC.
>>>
>>> I would like to nominate Tom as the PSC chair.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Angelos

>>> --
>>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD