PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Regina Obe
I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I

https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430

Key difference from previous one I upped the hours from 50 to 55 since the
budget is for $5500 and the rate I have is $100.

We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
stepped in to take a contract spot.

Items slated for work in my contract are as follows:

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopene
d&milestone=Sysadmin+Contract+2020-I

Main Tasks:

    . Document new infrastructure changes with links in wiki (ongoing)
    . #2420 - Reformat osgeo3 as an lxd host
    . #2410 Setup artifcact manager / docker registry
    . #2243 - Upgrade to nextcloud latest version
    . #2384 - Upgrade old-ahoc or replace it
    . #2372 Upgrade Trac to 1.2.5
    . #2004 wiki rebuild with latest debian OS with eye for enabling LDAP
and making that the primary login mode
    . #2379 configure fail2ban on nginx (osgeo7, osgeo4 and eventually
osgeo3)

Additional Tasks: Will be assigned by SAC via ticketing system.
    . General SAC support - e.g. helping with DNS, website configuration,
general problems, specialty site setup, mail aliases
    . Patch updates on servers as needed

Opinions and comments welcome.

Thanks,
Regina

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Sandro Santilli-4
On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I
>
> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430

+1 -- thanks for keeping up the support of OSGeo infra !

> We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
> one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
> stepped in to take a contract spot.

Indeed! Shall we query [hidden email] about this ?

--strk;

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Angelos Tzotsos
Thanks for the great work!

About the Wiki/ldap work, the board is willing to rethink the total
hours of the contract if we can find someone to send a proposal.

On 3/5/20 10:46 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
>> I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I
>>
>> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430
> +1 -- thanks for keeping up the support of OSGeo infra !
>
>> We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
>> one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
>> stepped in to take a contract spot.
> Indeed! Shall we query [hidden email] about this ?
>
> --strk;

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 12:09:23PM +0200, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> About the Wiki/ldap work, the board is willing to rethink the total hours of
> the contract if we can find someone to send a proposal.

I'll send an email to the MediaWiki/LDAP plugin authors to ask if
they are available for the work:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAPAuthentication2

--strk;

On 3/5/20 12:26 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 12:09:23PM +0200, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>
>> About the Wiki/ldap work, the board is willing to rethink the total hours of
>> the contract if we can find someone to send a proposal.
> I'll send an email to the MediaWiki/LDAP plugin authors to ask if
> they are available for the work:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAPAuthentication2
>
> --strk;

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Alex Mandel-2
+1

Other members please review the and vote this week.

Thanks,
Alex

On 3/5/20 12:46 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
>> I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I
>>
>> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430
>
> +1 -- thanks for keeping up the support of OSGeo infra !
>
>> We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
>> one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
>> stepped in to take a contract spot.
>
> Indeed! Shall we query [hidden email] about this ?
>
> --strk;

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Markus Neteler
+1
Markus

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:09 PM Alex Mandel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Other members please review the and vote this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 3/5/20 12:46 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> >> I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I
> >>
> >> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430
> >
> > +1 -- thanks for keeping up the support of OSGeo infra !
> >
> >> We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
> >> one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
> >> stepped in to take a contract spot.
> >
> > Indeed! Shall we query [hidden email] about this ?
> >
> > --strk;

Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

jody.garnett
+1
--
Jody Garnett

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 04:18, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
Markus

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:09 PM Alex Mandel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Other members please review the and vote this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 3/5/20 12:46 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> >> I've posted my draft contract for 2020-I
> >>
> >> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430
> >
> > +1 -- thanks for keeping up the support of OSGeo infra !
> >
> >> We have budget for 2 additional contracts (one other general sys admin and
> >> one for the wiki/ldap piece).  It would be nice if other folks besides me
> >> stepped in to take a contract spot.
> >
> > Indeed! Shall we query [hidden email] about this ?
> >
> > --strk;

Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: PSC Vote OSGeo 2020-I Sys Contract

Alex Mandel-4
Looks like we've got plenty of upvotes, no dissent, I'm calling this
passed. Will forward contract to Board for signing and implementation.

Thanks,
Alex

On 3/20/20 10:59 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> +1
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 04:18, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1
>> Markus
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:09 PM Alex Mandel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Other members please review the and vote this week.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex

>> https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/apps/files/?dir=/Admin/Contracts&fileid=562430

>> admin and