PSC RFC

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

Per the discussion at FOSS4G, here and on osgeo-discuss, I have
started work on an RFC defining a project steering committee for the
OSGeo4W project to establish policy, and guide development.  The
preliminary version is at:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/rfc1_pmc

Nothing is set in stone, I just wanted to initiate a preliminary version
for discussion.  Note that regardless of who is on the PSC, everyone
can be involved in discussion of this and other policy for the project.

If/when suggestions on the document seem settled, I'll call for a
vote on adoption of RFC 1.  While we obviously don't actually have
a PSC yet, my suggestion is we just proceed as if the RFC were in
force in order to bootstrap things.

Re: PSC RFC

pcav

Re: PSC RFC

Frank Warmerdam
Paolo,

Jurgen has pretty much taken over building all the GDAL packages, so I've stepped back from OSGeo4W.  I'm essentially irrelevant.   I removed myself from the proposed PSC in the RFC and haven't done anything since then.

I think you will have to pursue the matter with Jurgen.

Best regards,
Frank

Re: PSC RFC

mhw-at-yg
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/rfc1_pmc
While we obviously don't actually have
a PSC yet, my suggestion is we just proceed as if the RFC were in
force in order to bootstrap things.

+1    I think these prototype guidelines are fine to start with.

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax
On 10/12/2013 7:31 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
.

-Matt