PSC! PSC! PSC!

Dan Little-2
Hey Folks,

It's been too long! As Chair this is completely my fault but I would love to get together for a PSC meeting to discuss some of the on going ideas y'all may have had recently with GeoMoose and/or your experience with 3.X.  I've been cooking up some new work and wanted to open the floor to talk about it.

Proposed agenda:
1. Funding and future development efforts.
 a. Budget
 b. 2019 Code sprint proposal(s)
2. Open Floor on 3.X experiences
3. Things Duck wants to fix and would like some feedback about
  a. How accessible is setting up a basic application?
  b. What are some common complaints?
  c. The big a/b answer I have heard so far is "Services don't make as much sense anymore", I would love some suggestions on how to tackle that.

I would like to do a Zoom meeting if folks are amendable to that (WebEx like).

And here is the obligatory doodle:

Cheers!

Re: PSC! PSC! PSC!

James Klassen

Re: Zoom.   IIRC our IRC meetings fulfill the in public and logged requirements for OSGeo.  Does Zoom handle this?

I haven't tried Zoom, but if it requires more than a vanilla browser or FOSS client app I'm not going to be happy.

Related experience:

I'll only run WebEx in a VM because of how invasive is it - installs a binary plugin that you can't audit that can scrape your screen and inject keyboard/mouse events - not cool.

Join.me work fine in a browser for viewing/participating in the call but requires an executable to share screen.

On 09/18/2018 09:39 AM, Dan Little wrote:
[...]

TC Haddad

We use Zoom at work, but FYI it is limited to 40 minute calls unless you have a service plan.

Recently I've used Jitsi for some one-on-one calls with Canada, and it has been great. Supposedly it works with a group, but I haven't tried pushing it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:53 AM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey everybody!

Everyone is available on Tuesday, October 2nd, 10:00AM (Central). Please mark your calendars!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 1:11 AM TC Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Brian Fischer

Are we using IRC or a web meeting software for this?

Brian Fischer

Project Manager - GIS  |  Principal

Houston Engineering, Inc.

O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

Re: PSC! PSC! PSC!

jmckenna
Administrator
Link for those without an IRC client:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose

(but after Chatzilla went end-of-life, I discovered that Thunderbird
embeds a beautiful IRC chat system, game-changing for me, wish I
discovered this 15 years ago ha)

-jeff

On 2018-10-02 11:36 AM, Dan Little wrote:

> Having not settled on something that there was general agreement on, I
> think we will stick with IRC.
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, 09:33 Brian Fischer <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Are we using IRC or a web meeting software for this?____
>
>     __ __
>
>     *Brian Fischer____*
>
>     Project Manager - GIS  |  Principal ____
>
>     Houston Engineering, Inc.____
>
>     *O*763.493.4522 | *D* 763.493.6664 | *F* 763.493.5572____
>
>     __ __

Re: PSC! PSC! PSC!

jmckenna
Administrator
Please note that because of spammers on Freenode you now must have your
IRC nick/username registered.  Here is the command to execute:

     /msg nickserv register password email

Happy chatting!

-jeff