PSC Meeting Today?

Robert Bray-2
Anyone have any agenda items for today? If not I would like to cancel
for this week and spend my time on conference prep.

Thanks,
Bob

RE: PSC Meeting Today?

Andy Morsell
No objection here.  I'm woefully behind on my prep as well (those darn
projects keep getting in the way)......

There is one item that I would like to add to the next agenda.  I've been
working with Frank's GDAL raster provider on Linux lately.  I talked to him
about ECW and MrSID support and it sounds like there may be some potential
licensing issues distributing the necessary support components.  I'm hoping
we can collectively talk about this issue and potentially get the ball
rolling on making sure any of these issues are ironed out as support for
these image formats is important.

Speaking of which, when will the next meeting be?  Next week is Thanksgiving
in the U.S. and the following week most of us will be at AU.  So, are we
looking at December 7th at this point?

Thanks.

Andy

Re: PSC Meeting Today?

Robert Bray-2
Yes I think our next chance to meet would probably be Dec 7.

On the GDAL issue, I don't believe there is any licensing issue for
reading MrSID or ECW data. Both vendors offer the read license free of
charge, but charge steeply for a write license. I can double check with
the raster folks in Autodesk, but I am pretty sure (90+%) that is the case.

Bob

Andy Morsell wrote:

> No objection here.  I'm woefully behind on my prep as well (those darn
> projects keep getting in the way)......
>
> There is one item that I would like to add to the next agenda.  I've been
> working with Frank's GDAL raster provider on Linux lately.  I talked to him
> about ECW and MrSID support and it sounds like there may be some potential
> licensing issues distributing the necessary support components.  I'm hoping
> we can collectively talk about this issue and potentially get the ball
> rolling on making sure any of these issues are ironed out as support for
> these image formats is important.
>
> Speaking of which, when will the next meeting be?  Next week is Thanksgiving
> in the U.S. and the following week most of us will be at AU.  So, are we
> looking at December 7th at this point?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andy

RE: PSC Meeting Today?