[PROJ] geodesic.h

Paul Ramsey
What is the status of geodesic.h for proj 6? I was just going to
update the PostGIS proj support and looking at moving to proj.h. I see
that geodetic distance and azimuth calculations have new signatures,
but the geodetic area calculation isn't there. Is geodesic.h being
deprecated in 6?

P.

Re: geodesic.h

Kristian Evers-2
Paul,

geodesic.h will be included in PROJ 6. The new functions signatures
in proj.h are just there for your convenience. If you need advanced
functionality include geodesic.h.

At the moment we are doing a poor job of documenting geodesic.h
on the website. Contributions are welcome!

/Kristian

> On 11 Feb 2019, at 22:51, Paul Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What is the status of geodesic.h for proj 6? I was just going to
> update the PostGIS proj support and looking at moving to proj.h. I see
> that geodetic distance and azimuth calculations have new signatures,
> but the geodetic area calculation isn't there. Is geodesic.h being
> deprecated in 6?
>
> P.

Re: geodesic.h

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 11 février 2019 13:51:43 CET Paul Ramsey wrote:
> What is the status of geodesic.h for proj 6? I was just going to
> update the PostGIS proj support and looking at moving to proj.h. I see
> that geodetic distance and azimuth calculations have new signatures,
> but the geodetic area calculation isn't there. Is geodesic.h being
> deprecated in 6?

Paul,

no, it isn't deprecated. From a quick look, it is essentially unmodified since
PROJ 4.9.3. Didn't look to earlier versions

Even

http://www.spatialys.com