[PROJ] Update in EPSG db

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PROJ] Update in EPSG db

Javier Jimenez Shaw
Hi

After adding the spanish peninsula geoid file, now there are available in EPSG some vertical CRS to include the Canary Island grid. (Spanish IGN requested them recently).

Their transformations are also available (one per island, also for Balearic islands).

For instance

The script "grid_tools/vertoffset_grid_to_gtiff.py" needs the vertical CRS to be there, EPSG:9397 for instance.

I am trying to create PRs in PROJ-data and PROJ to support the new grid on every "new" vertical CRS.

How is the EPSG database updated?

AFAIK, there are other changes, like "ED50 to ETRS89 (12)" being replaced by "ED50 to ETRS89 (16)" and "ED50 to ETRS89 (17)"

Thanks.
.___ ._ ..._ .. . ._.  .___ .. __ . _. . __..  ... .... ._ .__
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.


_______________________________________________
PROJ mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update in EPSG db

Even Rouault-2

Javier,

 

> How is the EPSG database updated?

 

Normally there's a scripts/build_db.py script that operates on the PostgreSQL dump from EPSG and would run with none/little changes in it, or elsewhere in the PROJ codebase when we remained in the EPSG v9 series.

But with EPSG v10, this won't work. There are many changes in the structure of the upstream EPSG database that will impact the structure of proj.db itself, the import script, and also code in PROJ to deal with new concepts that are introduced in the EPSG db like DatumEnsemble that will impact not only WKT import/export, but also algorithms in the transformation computations. This will be a non-trivial effort. I'd estimate it to about 2 weeks of work.

 

Even

 

--

Spatialys - Geospatial professional services

http://www.spatialys.com


_______________________________________________
PROJ mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update in EPSG db

jmckenna
Administrator
In reply to this post by Javier Jimenez Shaw
Hi Javier,

I've generated a pull request (https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/2308)
to update to the latest EPSG database version (9.8.13) which does seem
to contain the changes that you mentioned ("ED50 to ETRS89 (16)" and
"ED50 to ETRS89 (17)" etc)

If that pull request is accepted, you can expect it to be included in
the PROJ 7.1.1 release on 1st September.

Cheers from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff



--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/



On 2020-07-29 2:10 p.m., Javier Jimenez Shaw wrote:

> Hi
>
> After adding the spanish peninsula geoid file, now there are available
> in EPSG some vertical CRS to include the Canary Island grid. (Spanish
> IGN requested them recently).
>
> Their transformations are also available (one per island, also for
> Balearic islands).
>
> For instance
> https://beta.epsg.org/transformation_9417/REGCAN95-to-Gran-Canaria-height-1.html
>
> The script "grid_tools/vertoffset_grid_to_gtiff.py" needs the vertical
> CRS to be there, EPSG:9397 for instance.
>
> I am trying to create PRs in PROJ-data and PROJ to support the new grid
> on every "new" vertical CRS.
>
> How is the EPSG database updated?
>
> AFAIK, there are other changes, like "ED50 to ETRS89 (12)" being
> replaced by "ED50 to ETRS89 (16)" and "ED50 to ETRS89 (17)"
>
> Thanks.
> .___ ._ ..._ .. . ._.  .___ .. __ . _. . __..  ... .... ._ .__
> Entre dos pensamientos racionales
> hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.
>
>
_______________________________________________
PROJ mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update in EPSG db

Javier Jimenez Shaw
Thanks Jeff!
The build is failing. I created a PR over your branch removing a custom transformation 'ETRS89 to Alicante height' that is already in EPSG db as EPSG:9410 (added recently). I hope it fixes the problem.

Even, I see that the migration to EPSG v10 is not easy. If I can help somehow, contact me directly. However I am not an expert in databases neither in EPSG data itself.

Cheers
.___ ._ ..._ .. . ._.  .___ .. __ . _. . __..  ... .... ._ .__
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.



On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 at 23:01, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Javier,

I've generated a pull request (https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/2308)
to update to the latest EPSG database version (9.8.13) which does seem
to contain the changes that you mentioned ("ED50 to ETRS89 (16)" and
"ED50 to ETRS89 (17)" etc)

If that pull request is accepted, you can expect it to be included in
the PROJ 7.1.1 release on 1st September.

Cheers from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff



--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/



On 2020-07-29 2:10 p.m., Javier Jimenez Shaw wrote:
> Hi
>
> After adding the spanish peninsula geoid file, now there are available
> in EPSG some vertical CRS to include the Canary Island grid. (Spanish
> IGN requested them recently).
>
> Their transformations are also available (one per island, also for
> Balearic islands).
>
> For instance
> https://beta.epsg.org/transformation_9417/REGCAN95-to-Gran-Canaria-height-1.html
>
> The script "grid_tools/vertoffset_grid_to_gtiff.py" needs the vertical
> CRS to be there, EPSG:9397 for instance.
>
> I am trying to create PRs in PROJ-data and PROJ to support the new grid
> on every "new" vertical CRS.
>
> How is the EPSG database updated?
>
> AFAIK, there are other changes, like "ED50 to ETRS89 (12)" being
> replaced by "ED50 to ETRS89 (16)" and "ED50 to ETRS89 (17)"
>
> Thanks.
> .___ ._ ..._ .. . ._.  .___ .. __ . _. . __..  ... .... ._ .__
> Entre dos pensamientos racionales
> hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.
>
>
_______________________________________________
PROJ mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

_______________________________________________
PROJ mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj