[PROJ] RFC4: PROJ Java Native Interface overhaul

[PROJ] RFC4: PROJ Java Native Interface overhaul

Kristian Evers-2

All,

I have secured funding for a much needed overhaul of the JNI bindings to PROJ.

In collaboration with Martin Desruisseaux I have written an RFC that details the

process. You can find it on GitHub here: https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/1551.

The RFC is obviously still in draft mode and your suggestions, questions and general

feedback is appreciated and will be incorporated in the final RFC that will be

submitted to the PSC. I plan on putting the RFC up for a PSC vote next week so please

provide feedback before then.

/Kristian