[PROJ] PROJ4 Version 4.9.3 Need .dll

Wood, Rebekah

Good Morning,

I need the compiled .dll for the highest versioning level of PROJ4 which I believe is Version 4.9.3.  Please let me know if this can be provided to me.  I have downloaded the source code but am uncomfortable compiling it.  The directions are not very clear to me.

Thanks,

Becky

Systems Project Consultant
Florida Forest Service
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Office:  (850) 681-5863

[hidden email]

The Conner Building

3125 Conner Boulevard Room S-1

Tallahassee, FL 32399-1650

www.FreshFromFlorida.com

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes).

Most written communications to or from state employees are public records obtainable

by the public upon request.  Emails sent to me at this email address may be considered

public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the

laws of the State of Florida.

Re: PROJ4 Version 4.9.3 Need .dll

Idan Miara
Hi,

You can get the latest Windows binaries for 4.9.3 as well as for 5.2 from the OSGeo4W setup:

Idan

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019, 15:11 Wood, Rebekah <[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 15:24, Wood, Rebekah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible for you to email the .dll for PROJ 4.9.3 to me.  I don’t understand why I need to run this OSGeo4W network installer.  I just need the one file.

Re: PROJ4 Version 4.9.3 Need .dll

Idan Miara
You're welcome.
You could always use depends (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to know a DLL's dependencies.
OSGeo4W also downloads for you the dependencies along with the latest version.
Thus I advise you to use the OSGeo4W installer.
As per your question, the x64 version depends on MSVCR100.DLL, which can be downloaded also from here:
(which would be the file that the OSGeo4W installer would download for you)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 15:38, Wood, Rebekah <[hidden email]> wrote:

You are an angel…Thank you so much.  Do you know if msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll are used by PROJ and if it is would I need a newer version of those files?  These are Microsoft C Runtime library files that are required to run several Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications on a Windows system.

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 15:24, Wood, Rebekah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible for you to email the .dll for PROJ 4.9.3 to me.  I don’t understand why I need to run this OSGeo4W network installer.  I just need the one file.

Re: PROJ4 Version 4.9.3 Need .dll

J Luis

On a side note. I find that the DependencyWalker is horribly slow. I’m now using this one

https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies

that is blazingly fast.

Joaquim