[PROJ] Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

[PROJ] Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Kristian Evers-2

PSC Members,

I hereby motion that PROJ 6.1.0RC3 be promoted to final release.

The motion will be concluded May 15th.

I’ll start with my +1.

/Kristian

Re: Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 13 mai 2019 09:34:52 CDT Kristian Evers wrote:
> PSC Members,
>
> I hereby motion that PROJ 6.1.0RC3 be promoted to final release.
> The motion will be concluded May 15th.
>
> I'll start with my +1.

+1 Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Alan Snow
It should be noted that proj_identify does not filter by auth_name (I raised an issue about that). Everything else works great 👍. So, if that capability is not a deal breaker, should be fine to proceed with the release.

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 7:00 AM Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
On lundi 13 mai 2019 09:34:52 CDT Kristian Evers wrote:
> PSC Members,
>
> I hereby motion that PROJ 6.1.0RC3 be promoted to final release.
> The motion will be concluded May 15th.
>
> I'll start with my +1.

+1 Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Howard Butler-3
+1

Howard

On May 13, 2019, at 7:36 AM, Alan Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:

It should be noted that proj_identify does not filter by auth_name (I raised an issue about that). Everything else works great 👍. So, if that capability is not a deal breaker, should be fine to proceed with the release.

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 7:00 AM Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
On lundi 13 mai 2019 09:34:52 CDT Kristian Evers wrote:
> PSC Members,
>
> I hereby motion that PROJ 6.1.0RC3 be promoted to final release.
> The motion will be concluded May 15th.
>
> I'll start with my +1.

+1 Even

http://www.spatialys.com

On lundi 13 mai 2019 07:36:28 CDT Alan Snow wrote:
> It should be noted that proj_identify does not filter by auth_name (I
> raised an issue about that). Everything else works great 👍. So, if that
> capability is not a deal breaker, should be fine to proceed with the
> release.

I've just issued a pull request ( https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/1466 )
to fix it.
I don't think that is a release blocker though. The bug was already in 6.0.
There will always been known and unknown bugs in any release we issue...

A possible workaround is to export the CRS to identify as a PROJ string,
create a new CRS object from it, and identify it by restricting to the EPSG
authoriy name (of course you'll loose some information). Or a bit better, but
more involved, export as WKT, remove the ID/AUTHORITY node, and identify.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Nyall Dawson
On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 20:10, Kristian Evers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PSC Members,
>

> I hereby motion that PROJ 6.1.0RC3 be promoted to final release.
>
> The motion will be concluded May 15th.
>

> I’ll start with my +1.

It's looking good for me, and is passing all the QGIS unit tests too now!

Nyall

Re: Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Kristian Evers-2
Motion passed with +1’s from Howard, Even, Thomas and myself.

Expect a release announcement within the next couple of hours.

/Kristian