PHP 7

psciga
Hello,

I wanted to host MGOS (3.1.1 PHP bundeled) at a service provider.
Unfortunately he denied it because PHP 5.6 is no longer supported. Is
there already a plan when (approximately) the change to PHP 7 will take
place?
Thanks a lot!

Peter

--
Für Rückfragen oder weitergehende Informationen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Dr.-Ing. Peter Scigalla

IBB INGENIEURBÜRO
B A T T E F E L D

Auf dem Pfade 45
D-44879 Bochum
Tel: 0234-94172-0
Fax:0234-94172-99

Brahestr. 17
D-04347 Leipzig
Tel.: 0341-2330465
Fax.: 0341-2330461

Homepage:
http://www.battefeld.com

Spatial Manager Tutorials:
http://spatialmanager.battefeld.com

Videotutorials rund um Bricscad und Spatial Manager auf YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/psciga

Re: PHP 7

Jackie Ng
This is a known (blocking) issue.

The next major release (3.3) will support PHP7. 3.3 will not ship without
it.

Progress towards this support is glacial however, because this is not a
technically trivial task (also I'm burdened with other competing
priorities). This is because the PHP extension APIs (that allow PHP to talk
to MapGuide) have drastically changed from PHP5 -> PHP7, so our current SWIG
API binding infrastructure cannot generate PHP7-compatible bindings.

So we have to rework the API binding generation so that we can use the
latest version of SWIG (http://swig.org/) that supports PHP7. This task
itself is also not trivial because our current API binding generation is
based around an ancient and heavily modified version of SWIG. We have to
figure out how to do everything in vanilla SWIG without having to resort to
yet-another-version-of-SWIG-that-requires-heavy-modifications.

So yes, there is a plan to address this. I can't give a solid time-frame on
this though.

- Jackie