OverlayNG as Default

Paul Ramsey
OK, it's been a while, and I'd like to flip over GEOS master to use OverlayNG as the engine behind

Geometry.intersection()
Geometry.difference()
Geometry.union()
Geometry.symdifference()
Geometry.unaryunion()

That will entail changing the expected outputs for a few of the regression tests, as detailed here.

Once that is done, regressions in PostGIS and other downstream projects can be #ifdef'ed around GEOS version. As seen in the document above, there actually aren't than many cases that need special handling in PostGIS, and hopefully not in other downstream projects.

If you have any concerns, please light your hair on fair in the next couple days.

P.

Re: OverlayNG as Default

Regina Obe

+1 for flipping the switch.

I don’t know what “light your hair on fair”   means J

Re: OverlayNG as Default

Paul Ramsey
The switch has been flipped.
If you build GEOS without any options, you will get the OverlayNG engine backing the standard geometry functions.

geom->union()
geom->intersection()
geom->symdifference()
geom->difference()
geom->unaryunion()

The unit and XML tests that differed from the old engine have been updated to match the new NG outputs. That means if you use the --disable-overlayng option in autotools or the DISABLE_OVERLAYNG option in cmake, not all tests will pass anymore. NG is the new normal.

P.