OverlayNG Port

Paul van der Linden

> Hey all,

> I've started on porting OverlayNG from JTS. I'm not very good at this,
> so I anticipate it will take quite some time :)
>
> If you would like to help, the working branch is here,
>
> https://github.com/libgeos/geos/tree/overlay-sr
>
> And I have set up a sheet to track work here,
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Jk5cNuYdxPPA9fXIxCreRJNlkQZjc2KdYaX-odW8So/edit#gid=0
>
> And the global JTS diff against master is here,
>
> https://github.com/locationtech/jts/compare/master...dr-jts:overlay-sr
>
> May the force be with us,
What are the benefits of this over the current implementation?
If it's going to be speed, I volunteer!

Paul

P.S. please when replying also include my email

Re: OverlayNG Port

Paul Ramsey
Not going to be speed (though there's undoubtedly cases where the new code is faster, it in general does "more work" so it takes longer), it's going to be reliability. An operation will produce valid output, every time. No exceptions thrown, and no garbage out.

P.