OverlayNG Port

Paul Ramsey
Hey all,
I've started on porting OverlayNG from JTS. I'm not very good at this,
so I anticipate it will take quite some time :)

If you would like to help, the working branch is here,

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/tree/overlay-sr

And I have set up a sheet to track work here,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Jk5cNuYdxPPA9fXIxCreRJNlkQZjc2KdYaX-odW8So/edit#gid=0

And the global JTS diff against master is here,

https://github.com/locationtech/jts/compare/master...dr-jts:overlay-sr

May the force be with us,

Re: OverlayNG Port

Paul Ramsey
Hey all,
I wanted to update you, as things have progressed.
98% of the port is complete, I have a few more classes to do, and should be ready to merge.

The merge will add all the new classes and associated test cases, but will not change user-facing functionality yet, as neither the CAPI nor the default methods on Geometry have been hooked up to the new overlay.
The changes to hook up and expose the new behaviour will then proceed on a new branch.
The new behaviour will be added behind a compile-time switch. It will initially default to old but my goal will be to get enough testing that new can be the default setting before the next release.
ATB,