Output geospatial PDFs

Frost89
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Output geospatial PDFs

Sumit Sharma
Hi Kristian,
Mapserver dont support GeoPDF as of now. Maybe you would like to speak to devs about their plans to do so.
However, I have written my own routines for creating GeoPDF. I use Mapserver to generate raster/vector PDF with good quality and eventually using I text library I merge them layer by layer to create GeoPDF. Same way I add map surrounds like north arrow, legend scale bar etc. Finally I write some projection parameters and attributes. However I was not able to exploit measure tool. Trust me its time taking process but worth trying.

-Sumit

Re: Output geospatial PDFs

Sumit Sharma
One more thing... Stick to Cario renderer instead PDF in Mapserver. As I understand support for PDF may discontinue from 6.0 release.
-Sumit

Output PDF files with layers

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)

The recent PDF discussion reminded me about layered PDF files.  There is
some discussion about this in Geoserver jira
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-3640 and there is also a sample pdf
with selectable layers
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/45741/SkyJUMP.pdf

Layers are selectable only with Adobe Acrobat viewer. Selectable layers
could be a nice feature to have sometimes. Even better if vector layers
were real vectors, I believe that in this sample image lineworks are
also images.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Output geospatial PDFs

Jan Hartmann
Is this so?

Jan

On 09/21/10 15:58, Sumit Sharma wrote:
One more thing... Stick to Cario renderer instead PDF in Mapserver. As I
understand support for PDF may discontinue from 6.0 release.
-Sumit

Re: Output geospatial PDFs

Stephen Woodbridge
On 9/21/2010 10:15 AM, Jan Hartmann wrote:
>   Is this so?

Yes, this came across the list a while back:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/SVG-PDF-and-Flash-output-in-MapServer-6-0-td5518649.html

The dev team is refactoring the rendering engine to make it more
consistent across renderers and to stream line it and add support for
some additional rendering solutions. A lot of changes happening in this
area.

-Steve W