Outline of Category with watershed basin

Outline of Category with watershed basin

Francois Chartier
Hi,

I am selecting the basin based on a certain size created with r.watershed.  Now i would like to create a vector of the outline (external limit) of a watershed.  It corresponds to a category. Is there a way that i can extract the outlined of the water shed category?

thanks,

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Francois Chartier wrote
> Hi,
>
> I am selecting the basin based on a certain size created with r.watershed.
> Now i would like to create a vector of the outline (external limit) of a
> watershed.  It corresponds to a category. Is there a way that i can
> extract
> the outlined of the water shed category?

have a look into v.type:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/v.type.html

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html
best regards
Helmut

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Francois Chartier
thanks Helmut, I will try this.  see screenshot of two watershed i would like to 'delineate'.

Francois Chartier wrote

basins.jpg (144K) Download Attachment

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Francois Chartier
Alternatively, as i am interesting in running a groundwater model with r3 gwflow, can create a mask with the basins i am interested in and these will represent the active domain.

On Sat., May 4, 2019, 21:11 Francois Chartier, <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks Helmut, I will try this.  see screenshot of two watershed i would like to 'delineate'.

Le sam. 4 mai 2019 à 16:48, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Francois Chartier wrote
> Hi,
>
> I am selecting the basin based on a certain size created with r.watershed.
> Now i would like to create a vector of the outline (external limit) of a
> watershed.  It corresponds to a category. Is there a way that i can
> extract
> the outlined of the water shed category?

have a look into v.type:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/v.type.html

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Alternatively, as i am interesting in running a groundwater model >with r3
gwflow, can create a mask with the basins i am interested >in and these will
represent the active domain.

r.mask

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html
best regards
Helmut

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Francois Chartier
r.mask appears to work.  however, Stream Extract still reruns the outside of the watershed.  I will see if i can rerun the gw model using the mask; it does nt really matter if streams are defined outside the watershed if they are considered inactive during the modeling process.

thks

rmask 2 watershed.jpg (403K) Download Attachment

Re: Outline of Category with watershed basin

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>r.mask appears to work.  however, Stream Extract still reruns the outside of
the watershed.

it seems the mask isn't set.

have a look into the r.mask-manual.

-----