Our huge thanks to Jeff McKenna

Venkatesh Raghavan
Dear All,

Jeff McKenna has tendered his resignation from the position of President
and Board of Directors on personal grounds.

Jeff is a pillar of OSGeo, being a lively presence at Open Source
Geospatial events since the early days of MapServer User Meetings [1].
He was also a key person at FOSS GRASS User Conference [2] where the
idea of having a joint conference combining GRASS GIS, MapServer and
other FOSS4G [3] communities was mooted which fruited in the form
FOSS4G-2006
held in Laussane [4]. Jeff has been a constant companion and a source of
inspiration during our decade long OSGeo journey.

During his tenure on the OSGeo Board, Jeff has traversed across the globe
spreading the message of OSGeo and sharing his passion for FOSS4G. He has
gone to remote corners of our planet to get local chapters started and
patiently interacted with diverse audience ranging from under-graduate
students to top leaders from academia, industry and government. Jeff has put
community before self and worked relentlessly to bring worldwide reach to
our Foundation. Combined with his rare passion, Jeff possesses a unique
knack
of understanding and assimilating different cultures which has greatly
helped
in nurturing diversity in our communities.

Apart form his groundbreaking work in representing OSGeo globally, he has
also made time to produce excellent documentation and packaging for some of
our leading software products. Jeff's dedication and passion will continue
to motivate all members of our foundation.

The board received Jeff's request on 12 December 2015 and asked him to
reconsider his decision. At the 30 January, 2016 Face to Face meeting, after
careful consideration of his reply, the OSGeo Board has motioned and
unanimously accepted his resignation. The board also passed a motion to
formally express our sincere gratitude for Jeff's immense contributions to
the OSGeo Foundation in his capacity as President and Board Member.

Jeff McKenna continues his engagements with the OSGeo Foundation as a
Charter
Member and as PSC members in several of the Foundation Projects. We look
forward
to seek his advice and active participation in our future endeavors.

Thank you from all of us, Jeff and we look forward to your contributions
to OSGeo
in the years ahead.

BoD, OSGeo Foundation

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/Conferences
[2] http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G
[4] http://2006.foss4g.org/

Re: Our huge thanks to Jeff McKenna

tanzeel rehman
Dear All

I want to pay a great regards towards the Jeff. I have met with him only one time and his dealing his style his motivation for me towards projects was great.

I do not know the reason of leaving this Presidency but I want to pay a high gratitude to him and I want to meet everytime in next future.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU

REGARDS

> To: discuss@lists.osgeo.org
> From: raghavan@media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 03:09:57 +0900
> Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Our huge thanks to Jeff McKenna
>
> Dear All,
>
> Jeff McKenna has tendered his resignation from the position of President
> and Board of Directors on personal grounds.
>
> Jeff is a pillar of OSGeo, being a lively presence at Open Source
> Geospatial events since the early days of MapServer User Meetings [1].
> He was also a key person at FOSS GRASS User Conference [2] where the
> idea of having a joint conference combining GRASS GIS, MapServer and
> other FOSS4G [3] communities was mooted which fruited in the form
> FOSS4G-2006
> held in Laussane [4]. Jeff has been a constant companion and a source of
> inspiration during our decade long OSGeo journey.
>
> During his tenure on the OSGeo Board, Jeff has traversed across the globe
> spreading the message of OSGeo and sharing his passion for FOSS4G. He has
> gone to remote corners of our planet to get local chapters started and
> patiently interacted with diverse audience ranging from under-graduate
> students to top leaders from academia, industry and government. Jeff has put
> community before self and worked relentlessly to bring worldwide reach to
> our Foundation. Combined with his rare passion, Jeff possesses a unique
> knack
> of understanding and assimilating different cultures which has greatly
> helped
> in nurturing diversity in our communities.
>
> Apart form his groundbreaking work in representing OSGeo globally, he has
> also made time to produce excellent documentation and packaging for some of
> our leading software products. Jeff's dedication and passion will continue
> to motivate all members of our foundation.
>
> The board received Jeff's request on 12 December 2015 and asked him to
> reconsider his decision. At the 30 January, 2016 Face to Face meeting, after
> careful consideration of his reply, the OSGeo Board has motioned and
> unanimously accepted his resignation. The board also passed a motion to
> formally express our sincere gratitude for Jeff's immense contributions to
> the OSGeo Foundation in his capacity as President and Board Member.
>
> Jeff McKenna continues his engagements with the OSGeo Foundation as a
> Charter
> Member and as PSC members in several of the Foundation Projects. We look
> forward
> to seek his advice and active participation in our future endeavors.
>
> Thank you from all of us, Jeff and we look forward to your contributions
> to OSGeo
> in the years ahead.
>
> BoD, OSGeo Foundation
>
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/Conferences
> [2] http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/
> [3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G
> [4] http://2006.foss4g.org/

Re: Our huge thanks to Jeff McKenna

nicolas bozon
I also want to hugely thank Jeff McKenna for such a determined, long and useful service at the Board.
Thank you Jeff for everything you did to make OSGeo and FOSS4G grow, and thank you also for all the good times.
All the best, and long life to OSGeo.

Best regards,

Nick

[...]

Thanks Jeff McKenna

Ravi Kumar
It is good to note that after all Jeff has not left OSGeo.. He remains with us on the Charter and the committees.
But we miss him on the OSGeo Board. Jeff was a globe-trotting President of OSGeo helping a local chapter here and a FOSS4G there.
A "Hridaya Purvaka, Namaskaram" (heart felt salute) to Jeff.

V.Ravi Kumar
Secretary, OSGeo India.

On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 12:31 AM, tanzeel rehman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> to motivate all members of our foundation.
>
> The board received Jeff's request on 12 December 2015 and asked him to
> reconsider his decision. At the 30 January, 2016 Face to Face meeting, after
> careful consideration of his reply, the OSGeo Board has motioned and
> unanimously accepted his resignation. The board also passed a motion to
> formally express our sincere gratitude for Jeff's immense contributions to
> the OSGeo Foundation in his capacity as President and Board Member.
>
> Jeff McKenna continues his engagements with the OSGeo Foundation as a
> Charter
> Member and as PSC members in several of the Foundation Projects. We look
> forward
> to seek his advice and active participation in our future endeavors.
>
> Thank you from all of us, Jeff and we look forward to your contributions

dirkf
Jeff,

Thank you for all the work you did in OSGeo, as the president and board
member of the organisation.
You was one of the early adopters, ans you became the leading face of
the organisation. You inspired a lot of us, including myself.

I hope you can enjoy your new role in the community.
A community like OSGeo needs people with passion, with a heart of gold,
to help others, like you have.

All the best,
Dirk

Yours sincerely,