Other metadatprofile than the ISO-standards and Dublin core

Other metadatprofile than the ISO-standards and Dublin core

C. v. Dijk
Hello geonetwork-users

Is it possible to use other metadatastandards (i.e. my own) than the ISO or Dublin core standards within GeoNetwork?

If so how can i configure that?

Why this question:  I've a lot of geographical data and services (+10.000) with its metadata (the profile is based on the ISO-standard but has been heavely expanded) and becasue a lot of automation is build on these metadata we would like to use our own metadataprofile in GeoNetwork. A conversion back to ISO-standards will result in a lose of metadata we need to use.

Thanks a lot for any reply.

With regards

v. Dijk, C.

The Netherlands

Verzonden vanuit Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Re: Other metadatprofile than the ISO-standards and Dublin core

Jose Garcia
Hi

You can develop new metadata profiles to use them in , here you can find a
guide to develop new profiles:
http://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/eng/users/customizing-application/implementing-a-schema-plugin.html

Also take a look to https://github.com/metadata101 for existing metadata
profiles, for example the Dutch schemas for datasets and services are
there, but not sure how much updated.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>