Osgeolive QGIS configuration

Andrew Jeffrey
Hi,

I've been spending some time making notes on the OSGeoLive quick start for QGIS, with the aim of updating it for version 3.4.

I noticed that some of the configuration such as PostGIS connections are still missing. I see there is already an email thread relating to this.

Has there been any movement on this item?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: Osgeolive QGIS configuration

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Andrew,

There has not been yet a fix for the default configuration of QGIS.
Any help is welcome.

Best,
Angelos

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeolive/2019-June/013855.html

Has there been any movement on this item?

Thanks
Andrew

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Osgeolive QGIS configuration

Andrew Jeffrey
Hi Angelos,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m afraid I’d be the one needing help to action this, I’m new to osgeolive, lubuntu and unfamiliar with the build process. I’d be willing to join up with someone and follow along for future reference if the issue can be addressed in the coming week.

The reason for the deadline of the end of week is that a couple of us are working on the QGIS documentation/QuickStart which was raised as an action item by Cameron Shorter in the OSGeo Google Summer of Docs working group. We have given ourselves a deadline end of this coming week to finish the doc changes and publish for review.

I have been given access to the iso for a beta release of version 13. So far have I updated screen shots and the document based on discussions from the summer of docs working group. In a worse case scenario we will modify the PostGIS section to create the connection to the database if the above issue cannot be actioned in time.

Thanks
Andrew