Osgeo meeting side notes

pcav
Hi all,
interesting, and relevant to our ongoing discussion about psc meetings,
was to see how OSGeo is managing its meetings:
* IRC chat
* secretary and chair appointed each time
* todos on a self hosted git instance
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
* board meetings on self hosted wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Board_Meetings_2019
Overall, the process was smooth and fast.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Osgeo meeting side notes

Régis Haubourg -2
Hi all,

This is very close to what we do internally at Oslandia.

We don't use IRC but zoom for meetings, and we use framapad tool for
minutes.
The Todo lists are gilab issues and the final report lands in the wiki,
or eventually in the issue body.

In the long run, I would very much like to avoid too much Google drive
documents because they are hard to find back.
Their collaborative feature is very well replaced by a temporary
collaborative pad, which forces us to push decisions and actions into
issues.

Regards
Régis

--
Open Source GIS Expert / Water management

mail: [hidden email]
tél: 0033 184 257 870

Re: Osgeo meeting side notes

pcav
Hi Régis,
thanks for your feedback

Il 26/11/19 08:48, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:

> We don't use IRC but zoom for meetings

voice?

> and we use framapad tool for minutes.

shared or self hosted?

> The Todo lists are gilab issues and the final report lands in the wiki,
> or eventually in the issue body.
>
> In the long run, I would very much like to avoid too much Google drive
> documents because they are hard to find back.

fully agreed - perhaps we don't need such a long run for it

> Their collaborative feature is very well replaced by a temporary
> collaborative pad, which forces us to push decisions and actions into
> issues.
I like this idea.
Cheers

On 26/11/2019 15:21, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Régis,
> thanks for your feedback
>
> Il 26/11/19 08:48, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:
>
>> We don't use IRC but zoom for meetings
> voice?
Yes voice using Zoom.

>> and we use framapad tool for minutes.
> shared or self hosted?

Shared :  https://mensuel.framapad.org/

It is based on etherpad so we could host it if needed.

Regards

Régis