Oracle spatial data store error

John Cartwright - NOAA Federal
Hello All,

I'm getting an exception creating a FeatureType using an Oracle
DataStore.  This is something that worked in previous days and the only
change that I'm aware of since then is a restart of Tomcat. The problem
appears in 1.3.0 B4 and RC1.

The exception is listed below, can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Thanks!

--john

javax.servlet.ServletException: Duplicate AttributeTypes
DefaultAttributeType [name=SITEID , type=class java.lang.String ,
nillable=true, min=1, max=1]
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:545)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:486)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

John.C.Cartwright.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Oracle spatial data store error

Chris Holmes-2
Hrm.  The database didn't change or anything.  This is a very odd error,
I think I've seen something similar once before, but I forget the
context.  How does the error show up?  When you're editing the
featureType?  It shows up in the struts console?  Is there any way to
get a longer stack trace, like from the logs?  If you create the
featureType by hand, in the config files (can look to the others for
examples) does it work then?  Sorry I don't have a quick fix for you...

Chris

Quoting John C Cartwright <[hidden email]>:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm getting an exception creating a FeatureType using an Oracle
> DataStore.  This is something that worked in previous days and the
> only
> change that I'm aware of since then is a restart of Tomcat. The
> problem
> appears in 1.3.0 B4 and RC1.
>
> The exception is listed below, can anyone suggest what the problem
> is?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --john
>

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Duplicate AttributeTypes
> DefaultAttributeType [name=SITEID , type=class java.lang.String ,
> nillable=true, min=1, max=1]

        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:545)

        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:486)

        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)

        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

Re: Oracle spatial data store error

dwilhelm
Hello,

Chris Holmes <cholmes <at> openplans.org> writes:

> Hrm.  The database didn't change or anything.  This is a very odd error,
> I think I've seen something similar once before, but I forget the
> context.  How does the error show up?  When you're editing the
> featureType?  It shows up in the struts console?  Is there any way to
> get a longer stack trace, like from the logs?  If you create the
> featureType by hand, in the config files (can look to the others for
> examples) does it work then?  Sorry I don't have a quick fix for you...

i get the same error message when i try to create a featuretype with the web
dialog.

I tried to add the config by hand, but that results also in this error, but this
time shown when i try to edit the config in the web dialog.

Here is the complete error message from the tomcat log:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate AttributeTypes
DefaultAttributeType [name=F001_GEOM , type=class com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.
Geometry , nillable=true, min=1, max=1]
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeBuilder.check(FeatureTypeBuilder.java:
602)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeBuilder.addType(FeatureTypeBuilder.
java:349)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeBuilder.addTypes(FeatureTypeBuilder.
java:329)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeFactory.
newFeatureType(FeatureTypeFactory.java:128)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeFactory.
newFeatureType(FeatureTypeFactory.java:68)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeFactory.
newFeatureType(FeatureTypeFactory.java:162)
        at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypeFactory.
newFeatureType(FeatureTypeFactory.java:183)
        at org.geotools.data.jdbc.JDBCDataStore.buildSchema(JDBCDataStore.java:
1252)
        at org.geotools.data.jdbc.FeatureTypeHandler.
getFeatureTypeInfo(FeatureTypeHandler.java:200)
        at org.geotools.data.jdbc.FeatureTypeHandler.getSchema(FeatureTypeHandler.
java:168)
        at org.geotools.data.jdbc.JDBCDataStore.getSchema(JDBCDataStore.java:499)
        at org.vfny.geoserver.action.data.DataFeatureTypesNewAction.
execute(DataFeatureTypesNewAction.java:78)
        at org.vfny.geoserver.action.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:98)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.
processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.
java:274)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.
internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.
doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.
invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.
invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.
invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.
invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.
invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.
java:137)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.
invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.
java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.
invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.
invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.
invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
799)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.
processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
577)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.
run(ThreadPool.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: Re: Oracle spatial data store error

Chris Holmes-2
> Hello,
>

> Chris Holmes <cholmes <at> openplans.org> writes:
>
> > Hrm.  The database didn't change or anything.  This is a very odd error,
> > I think I've seen something similar once before, but I forget the
> > context.  How does the error show up?  When you're editing the
> > featureType?  It shows up in the struts console?  Is there any way to
> > get a longer stack trace, like from the logs?  If you create the
> > featureType by hand, in the config files (can look to the others for
> > examples) does it work then?  Sorry I don't have a quick fix for you...
>

> i get the same error message when i try to create a featuretype with the web
> dialog.
>
> I tried to add the config by hand, but that results also in this error, but this
> time shown when i try to edit the config in the web dialog.
Ok, could one of you submit it as a bug to JIRA?
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10311 If two people
are getting it then we've got some issues.  I still have no idea what it
is - does it do this on any featureType?  Or only certain ones?  What is
the structure of the data that your trying to add?  Like the columns
contained?  And I assume they have the appropriate rows in the oracle meta
geom table (I forget what it's called)?  And there aren't two geometry
columns or anything are there?  Put this information in the jira task.