Oracle and other Mapbender-Function

ruth schÿfffff6nbuchner
 Dear Mapbenders,

i have got two questions:
1. Is it possible to connect Mapbender to an Oracle database instead of MySQL or PostgreSQL? Where can I find further information about this?

2. Mapbender is based on PHP. It´s not possible to combinate the system with PHP MapScript?

Thanks for help! Ruth

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher

Re: Oracle and other Mapbender-Function

Arnulf
ruth schÿfffff6nbuchner wrote:
>  Dear Mapbenders,
>
> i have got two questions:
> 1. Is it possible to connect Mapbender to an Oracle database instead of
> MySQL or PostgreSQL? Where can I find further information about this?

No, it is not. Since version 2.2 there is a fork within the code to
either follow MySQL or PostgreSQl. This could be extended to support
Oracle too.

btw, PostgreSQL is a very cool database...

> 2. Mapbender is based on PHP. It´s not possible to combinate the system
> with PHP MapScript?

Mapbender implements OGC standards only. (There have been a few hacks
for proprietary services but they never made it into the stable release).
The reason why we do this is that everything can be done in an
interoperable way. UMN MapServer fully supports the WMS specification
and even does some WFS (though not quite as thorough). Therefore we do
not use any PHP MapScript.

You can include your own PHP modules anywhere in Mapbender. Probably it
will be easier to stick to the main branch and try to solve it using OGC
standards. If you have questions on how to do this, post them to this
list, we will try to help.

Best, Arnulf.