Oracle and multipolygons in RC4?

Bart van den Eijnden-4
Hi list,

I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need to get a new jar from JIRA for this?

I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs gml:polygon items.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

Re: Oracle and multipolygons in RC4?

Justin Deoliveira-3
I dont beleive any oracle changes were made for RC4. However, was this
problem fixed in geotools and we just need to update our jar? I know
Jody did some oracle fixes a while back.

Justin

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need to get a new jar from JIRA for this?
>
> I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs gml:polygon items.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Bart van den Eijnden
> Syncera IT Solutions
> Postbus 270
> 2600 AG  DELFT
>
> tel.nr.: 015-7512436
> email: [hidden email]

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: Oracle and multipolygons in RC4?

Bart van den Eijnden-4

thanks, I tried these jars but the same problem persists, I don't get mutlipolygons out of Geoserver, whereas PostGIS returns them.

My data was loaded using ogr2ogr which puts it in as 3D by default, could that be the problem?

select * from SYSTEM.DCMRPERCELEN d WHERE d.ORA_GEOMETRY.SDO_GTYPE = 3007;

I'll retry with putting it in using 2D instead of 3D.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

>>> "Hans-Ulrich Otto" <[hidden email]> 27-10-2005 10:01:38 >>>
Hi,

find enclosed the jars I received some time ago and that fix two
problems with Oracle:
1. Multipolygon handling
2. Too many open connections over time

I have not yet tested them with RC4 but they work properly with RC3.
Just replace the old jars with the new ones and restart.

Cheers,

Uli.

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

> I dont beleive any oracle changes were made for RC4. However, was this
> problem fixed in geotools and we just need to update our jar? I know
> Jody did some oracle fixes a while back.
>
> Justin
>
> Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not
>> being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need to
>> get a new jar from JIRA for this?
>>
>> I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle
>> Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and
>> multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs gml:polygon
>> items.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> Syncera IT Solutions
>> Postbus 270
>> 2600 AG  DELFT
>>
>> tel.nr.: 015-7512436
>> email: [hidden email]

Re: Oracle and multipolygons in RC4?

Bart van den Eijnden-4
Seems my problem is elsewhere, maybe on the OGR side.

I downgraded to 2D, still no multipolygons, but using the following query it seems Geoserver is right about that:

SELECT "OGR_FID", "ORA_GEOMETRY", "ID", "KLASSE", "OPDATUM", "VVDATUM", "PERCNR", "GEMCODE", "SECTIE", "NUMMER", "PERCEEL" FROM "DCMRPERCELEN" d WHERE UPPER("GEMCODE") LIKE UPPER('ABB00%') AND (d.ORA_GEOMETRY.SDO_GTYPE = 2007)

no results.

The exact same Filter on a PostGIS table loaded from the same shapefile returns multipolygons ...

If I use a Filter which has multipolygons in the database, I do get gml:MultiPolygon's out of Geoserver.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

>>> "Bart van den Eijnden" <[hidden email]> 27-10-2005 10:57:56 >>>
Hi,

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

> I dont beleive any oracle changes were made for RC4. However, was this
> problem fixed in geotools and we just need to update our jar? I know
> Jody did some oracle fixes a while back.
>
> Justin
>
> Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not
>> being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need to
>> get a new jar from JIRA for this?
>>
>> I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle
>> Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and
>> multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs gml:polygon
>> items.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> Syncera IT Solutions
>> Postbus 270
>> 2600 AG  DELFT
>>
>> tel.nr.: 015-7512436
>> email: [hidden email]

Re: Oracle and multipolygons in RC4?

Chris Holmes-2
It should be fixed and included in the release.  Justin, perhaps you can
build the latest gt2 oracle and send it to Bart, just to be sure?  I
know people have got it working though, so at some point it definitely
was fixed.

The problem wasn't with the select statement, but rather with the
translation from the oracle format to our geometry, the bug ended up
just skipping the geoms some of the time.  So it could be a bad oracle
jar is still in the release...

Chris

Quoting Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> Just replace the old jars with the new ones and restart.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli.
>
> Justin Deoliveira wrote:
>
> > I dont beleive any oracle changes were made for RC4. However, was
> this
> > problem fixed in geotools and we just need to update our jar? I
> know
> > Jody did some oracle fixes a while back.
> >
> > Justin
> >
> > Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> >
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not
> >> being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need
> >> get a new jar from JIRA for this?
> >>
> >> I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle
> >> Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and
> >> multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs

Hans-Ulrich Otto
Hi all,

I believe it was fixed in gt2.1.1. I sent Bart earlier today the jars and if I understood his replies right, with these jars the geoserver finally returns multipolygons properly. I made a cc to this list, but the jars are too large, so it came back.

Cheers,

Uli.

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

Hi list,

I read something a while ago about multipolygons from Oracle not
being picked up by Geoserver. Is this fixed in RC4, or do I need

get a new jar from JIRA for this?

I have loaded the same shapefile into both PostGIS and Oracle
Spatial, the PostGIS driver outputs a combination of polygons and
multipolygons, but the Oracle Spatial driver only outputs

gml:polygon

items.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

Free Certification Exam for All Training Attendees Through End of

2005

Visit http://www.jboss.com/services/certification for more

information