Oracle and Mapbender

ruth schÿfffff6nbuchner
Dear Mapbenders,

I am new in the list and don´t know exactely to which email  adresse I have to send my questions.
Well, my question is, if it´s problemless possible to connect an Oracle database with the Mapbender technology.
I am thinking in using Mapbender with Oracle.

Thanks for your comments and answers! Ruth

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher

Re: Oracle and Mapbender

Arnulf
ruth schÿfffff6nbuchner wrote:
> Dear Mapbenders,
>
> I am new in the list and don´t know exactely to which email  adresse I
> have to send my questions.

Hi,
this is the right place to ask and talk.

> Well, my question is, if it´s problemless possible to connect an Oracle
> database with the Mapbender technology.
> I am thinking in using Mapbender with Oracle.

Unfortunately Mapbender does not support Oracle. We have just released
version 2.2 which additionally to MySQL supports PostgreSQL. We had long
discussions whether to implement an SQL wrapper or native support. We
have decided to implement natie support because performance is a lot
better that way. So if you are into Oracle SQL and interested to
implement native SQL-support you are all welcome.

Best, Arnulf.