Oracle Spatial, WTF-S, Mapbuilder Issues

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oracle Spatial, WTF-S, Mapbuilder Issues

Marc Risney
Hello I am trying to use Community MaBuilder that is bundled with
 GeoServer 1.3 RC2, I have set up the server and it is accessible at
 http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/welcome.do
 it has the default admin password (geoserver).

 I have setup a namespace as SDO to work with the Oracle Spatial data,
and have setup
 a sample site using mapbuilder against the SDO data
 http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/data/mbdemos/demo/sdo/index.html

 I am trying to setup WFS-T so that I can write polygon's, points,
features back to
 Oracle, I believe this is possible, attached are my config files, can
you point out
 how I would point to the GEOM field in the template_counties.xml file.

here is the line in the config.xml

 <EditLine id="editLine">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <mouseHandler>mainMouseClick</mouseHandler>
      <class>RadioButton</class>
      <enabledSrc>/images/EditLineEnable.gif</enabledSrc>
      <disabledSrc>/images/EditLineDisable.gif</disabledSrc>
      <tooltip xml:lang="en">click on map to add a point to a line</tooltip>
      <tooltip xml:lang="fr">click on map to add a point to a line</tooltip>
      <targetModel>featureCollection</targetModel>
      <transactionResponseModel>transaction</transactionResponseModel>
      <webServiceUrl>../../../../wfs</webServiceUrl>
      <featureXpath>/gml:featureMember/SDO:COUNTIES/gml:lineStringMember/gml:LineString/gml:coordinates</featureXpath>
      <defaultModelUrl>template_counties.xml</defaultModelUrl>
      <targetContext>mainMap</targetContext>
    </EditLine>

and here is the template_counties.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gml:featureMember xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml">
<SDO:COUNTIES>
  <gml:MultiLineString srsName="epsg:4326">
       <gml:lineStringMember>
         <gml:LineString>
           <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts=" "></gml:coordinates>
         </gml:LineString>
       </gml:lineStringMember>
     </gml:MultiLineString>
</SDO:COUNTIES>
</gml:featureMember>


Obviously something is not quite right, any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Geoserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle Spatial, WTF-S, Mapbuilder Issues

Chris Holmes-2
This is actually really a question for mapbuilder - they're are a
distinct project, we just include them in the default as a nice little
demo of the capabilities.  Hopefully my answer may help out some people
there.

Lucky for you I just had this same problem a couple weeks ago, and
banged my head against it for three or four hours, as I carefully tried
to figure out exactly what was different about _my_ transaction from
the default one.

They key, I found, is namespaces in your mapbuilder config files.  Any
place you see a namespace declaration, throw in your
xmlns:SDO="http://whateveryounamedyoursdouri.com".  On the template for
sure, and then I think you need it in your transaction declaration in
the config.xml file as well.  I _believe_ this should get you going.

best regards,

Chris

Quoting Marc Risney <[hidden email]>:

> Hello I am trying to use Community MaBuilder that is bundled with
>  GeoServer 1.3 RC2, I have set up the server and it is accessible at
>  http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/welcome.do
>  it has the default admin password (geoserver).
>
>  I have setup a namespace as SDO to work with the Oracle Spatial
> data,
> and have setup
>  a sample site using mapbuilder against the SDO data
>  http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/data/mbdemos/demo/sdo/index.html
>
>  I am trying to setup WFS-T so that I can write polygon's, points,
> features back to
>  Oracle, I believe this is possible, attached are my config files,
> can
> you point out
>  how I would point to the GEOM field in the template_counties.xml
> file.
>
> here is the line in the config.xml
>
>  <EditLine id="editLine">
>       <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
>       <mouseHandler>mainMouseClick</mouseHandler>
>       <class>RadioButton</class>
>       <enabledSrc>/images/EditLineEnable.gif</enabledSrc>
>       <disabledSrc>/images/EditLineDisable.gif</disabledSrc>
>       <tooltip xml:lang="en">click on map to add a point to a
> line</tooltip>
>       <tooltip xml:lang="fr">click on map to add a point to a
> line</tooltip>
>       <targetModel>featureCollection</targetModel>
>
> <transactionResponseModel>transaction</transactionResponseModel>
>       <webServiceUrl>../../../../wfs</webServiceUrl>
>
>
<featureXpath>/gml:featureMember/SDO:COUNTIES/gml:lineStringMember/gml:LineString/gml:coordinates</featureXpath>

>       <defaultModelUrl>template_counties.xml</defaultModelUrl>
>       <targetContext>mainMap</targetContext>
>     </EditLine>
>
> and here is the template_counties.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <gml:featureMember xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp"
> xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml">
> <SDO:COUNTIES>
>   <gml:MultiLineString srsName="epsg:4326">
>        <gml:lineStringMember>
>          <gml:LineString>
>            <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts="
> "></gml:coordinates>
>          </gml:LineString>
>        </gml:lineStringMember>
>      </gml:MultiLineString>
> </SDO:COUNTIES>
> </gml:featureMember>
>
>
> Obviously something is not quite right, any suggestions would be
> helpful.
>
> TIA
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration
> Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
> speed, fast. <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Geoserver-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
>




----------------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: https://webmail.limegroup.com/


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Geoserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mapbuilder-devel] Re: Oracle Spatial, WTF-S, Mapbuilder Issues

Cameron Shorter
Yes, I think that Chris is on the money.
You should be able to search for "topp" and replace it with "SDO".
(I can see we need to improve docs and error messages).
By the way, there is a more recent version of Mapbuilder about to be
released in a day or two.
It fixes the problem where features are not displayed until you pan the
map.  Ie, features are now displayed as soon as they are entered into
the database.

Chris Holmes wrote:

> This is actually really a question for mapbuilder - they're are a
> distinct project, we just include them in the default as a nice little
> demo of the capabilities.  Hopefully my answer may help out some people
> there.
>
> Lucky for you I just had this same problem a couple weeks ago, and
> banged my head against it for three or four hours, as I carefully tried
> to figure out exactly what was different about _my_ transaction from
> the default one.
>
> They key, I found, is namespaces in your mapbuilder config files.  Any
> place you see a namespace declaration, throw in your
> xmlns:SDO="http://whateveryounamedyoursdouri.com".  On the template for
> sure, and then I think you need it in your transaction declaration in
> the config.xml file as well.  I _believe_ this should get you going.
>
> best regards,
>
> Chris
>
> Quoting Marc Risney <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>>Hello I am trying to use Community MaBuilder that is bundled with
>> GeoServer 1.3 RC2, I have set up the server and it is accessible at
>> http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/welcome.do
>> it has the default admin password (geoserver).
>>
>> I have setup a namespace as SDO to work with the Oracle Spatial
>>data,
>>and have setup
>> a sample site using mapbuilder against the SDO data
>> http://64.122.185.195:8888/geoserver/data/mbdemos/demo/sdo/index.html
>>
>> I am trying to setup WFS-T so that I can write polygon's, points,
>>features back to
>> Oracle, I believe this is possible, attached are my config files,
>>can
>>you point out
>> how I would point to the GEOM field in the template_counties.xml
>>file.
>>
>>here is the line in the config.xml
>>
>> <EditLine id="editLine">
>>      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
>>      <mouseHandler>mainMouseClick</mouseHandler>
>>      <class>RadioButton</class>
>>      <enabledSrc>/images/EditLineEnable.gif</enabledSrc>
>>      <disabledSrc>/images/EditLineDisable.gif</disabledSrc>
>>      <tooltip xml:lang="en">click on map to add a point to a
>>line</tooltip>
>>      <tooltip xml:lang="fr">click on map to add a point to a
>>line</tooltip>
>>      <targetModel>featureCollection</targetModel>
>>
>><transactionResponseModel>transaction</transactionResponseModel>
>>      <webServiceUrl>../../../../wfs</webServiceUrl>
>>
>>
> <featureXpath>/gml:featureMember/SDO:COUNTIES/gml:lineStringMember/gml:LineString/gml:coordinates</featureXpath>
>
>>      <defaultModelUrl>template_counties.xml</defaultModelUrl>
>>      <targetContext>mainMap</targetContext>
>>    </EditLine>
>>
>>and here is the template_counties.xml
>>

In Config, update FeatureCollection/namespace to have
xmlns:SDO="something" in it.

>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>><gml:featureMember xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp"
>>xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml">

Insert xmlns:SDO="something" above

>><SDO:COUNTIES>
>>  <gml:MultiLineString srsName="epsg:4326">
>>       <gml:lineStringMember>
>>         <gml:LineString>
>>           <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts="
>>"></gml:coordinates>
>>         </gml:LineString>
>>       </gml:lineStringMember>
>>     </gml:MultiLineString>
>></SDO:COUNTIES>
>></gml:featureMember>
>>
>>
>>Obviously something is not quite right, any suggestions would be
>>helpful.
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------
>>SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration
>>Strategies
>>from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
>>informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
>>speed, fast. <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
>>_______________________________________________
>>Geoserver-users mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> This mail sent through IMP: https://webmail.limegroup.com/
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
> speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> mapbuilder-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mapbuilder-devel
>


--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net
http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf
_______________________________________________
Geoserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users