Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

allfriends1990
Hi,
     I have a IBM server M2 with X3650 processor shared by 5 virtual machine and RAM of my Server is 7GB per virtual machine.I am using a Virtual machine for mapguide server, web server extension and database and my connection speed is 2mbps,i have a heavy satellite image data on my server which is  not performing good even for single user can anybody please suggest me  the optimal server configuration and connection speed for my server so as to support 40-50 users on net.

Re: Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

zspitzer
you need to optimise/pre process your heavy imagery into a usable
format....

otherwise the server is doing a lot of heavy processing for each request

http://www.jasonbirch.com/nodes/2009/08/11/290/fwtools-ftw-gdal/

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM, allfriends1990 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have a IBM server M2 with X3650 processor shared by 5 virtual machine
> and RAM of my Server is 7GB per virtual machine.I am using a Virtual machine
> for mapguide server, web server extension and database and my connection
> speed is 2mbps,i have a heavy satellite image data on my server which is
> not performing good even for single user can anybody please suggest me  the
> optimal server configuration and connection speed for my server so as to
> support 40-50 users on net.

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

allfriends1990
Thanks,

I have compressed my satellite image to about 600MB and also have divided the mosaic into  dice (i.e into 12 parts each about 30-60MB) still the site is loading very slow it takes about 30-50 secs to load the map and about 12-30 sec for zoom and pan operations

can any one suggest me for any further advancement from my current status

Re: Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

zspitzer
did you create a configuration file in maestro for all the images?

if you want fast panning, you need to use tiled maps, dynamic maps
require reprocessing the imagery for each pan

is panning faster at lower scales?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM, allfriends1990 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I have compressed my satellite image to about 600MB and also have divided
> the mosaic into  dice (i.e into 12 parts each about 30-60MB) still the site
> is loading very slow it takes about 30-50 secs to load the map and about
> 12-30 sec for zoom and pan operations
>
> can any one suggest me for any further advancement from my current status

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

allfriends1990
I do not know the configuration of maestro for images ,i will try it
i tried tiling the map but has not got a considerable success in tiling

can you just tell me how we can configure that file in maestro

Re: Optimal Server and Connection speed for Mapguide Opensource 2.2 Server

zspitzer
there is a rebuild all button on the right hand side when you edit a
GDAL feature source