Opensource toolbox for ArcGIS?

Connors, Bernie (SNB)

I recall reading recently about a Toolbox for ArcGIS that implemented some Opensource tools (OGR? GDAL? FWTools?).  Does anybody know what this is called.  I have tried googling but have not found it yet.

--

Bernie Connors, P.Eng

Manager – Spatial Data Infrastructure

Land Information Secretariat

Service New Brunswick

Tel: 506-444-2077 Fax: 506-453-3898

45°56'25.21"N, 66°38'53.65"W

[hidden email]

www.snb.ca/geonb/

Re: Opensource toolbox for ArcGIS?

jmckenna
Administrator
On 12-01-10 9:31 AM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> I recall reading recently about a Toolbox for ArcGIS that implemented
> some Opensource tools (OGR? GDAL? FWTools?).  Does anybody know what
> this is called.  I have tried googling but have not found it yet.

It seems you cross-posted this to many lists, and I believe this was
answered on one of them.  However I'd also like to add that there is a
wonderful extension available for ArcGIS to publish directly to
GeoServer or MapServer, made by my friends in the Netherlands:
http://www.geocat.net/blog/1-latest-news/84-geocat-introduces-geocat-bridge-v11

Enjoy.

Happy new year all.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 12-01-10 5:16 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> I tried this list first and then went to the OSGeo Discuss list.  It was Sextante GIS that I was trying to recall.
>
> Thanks for the geocat link.
> Bernie.

No problem for the link.

You might also want (it's a small small world) to install the GDAL
utilities, which are part of the MS4W installer (www.maptools.org/ms4w)
- these are downloaded thousands of times a month and used by all types
of organizations.

enjoy! :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

RE: Opensource toolbox for ArcGIS?

Connors, Bernie (SNB)
Yes we have used the GDAL and OGR tools.

--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
Service New Brunswick